Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh yeah I agree.  As they say in social dynamics, 'politics is perception'

similarly ... timing is everything in how we manifest our perceptions.  It's just funny how the relationship between "existential climate" vs empirical climate seldom reconcile.  haha. 

If this closed trough thing happened late Wed through early Friday and it were back to 80 today, instead of doing that between today and Monday or whatever it takes to move this pos along, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Or, 'what a June' has the other connotation -

Yeah I don’t care about the day of week, lol. It’s all the same to me. We started Summer Operations (Gondola rides, that stuff) today so I work all weekend. 

I’m just b*tching right now about how we can’t have May year round… or those 90/32 with 14% RH days with sun until 8:30pm.  We’ve burned two weeks of great long solar day light in a ULL showery bath.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, it’s more the vibe after May’s glorious month.  First two days of 90s helped in June.  Looking at it for the last 15 days though…

In the last 15 days, we have hit or exceeded 80F exactly once at MVL.

9 of 15 days had maximum temps of 72F or lower.

5 days (today may be 6) of 65F or lower maxes.

14 of the last 16 days with at least a trace or more of precipitation locally at MVL.

10 of last 11 days with measurable rainfall.

Mins have been mild though helping departures… but it’s been showery, and the maxes have been quite subdue.

Its true the aggregate may be about normal, but it’s felt shitty.  Need a week of sunny 82F.

Tip and his numbers...  June has been a tough month up there 

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Got all bushes trimmed and lawn mowed . Quick light shower just as I was blowing off the driveway. Satellite looks like a decent sun cloud mix this afternoon. What a win .. other than Stein 

Special props to you ... when you were buckin' for improving skies yesterday it looked like fantasy camp, but even here... we're now 72 with DP feel to the air and some sun getting through. 

That oughta make Scooter happy that you got one right - lol

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Jerry, was in your hood last evening. Ate at a French place called La Voile. Excellent food.

That’s up in Washington Square I think.  About 3 miles from me.   Great neighborhood.  Looks like dawdling this morning has kiboshed my long walk plans for a bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Heavy heavy in Maine.make it stop.

59 to boot.

Did you move there ?  I thought you lived somewhere along 93, N of Boston to NH...

It's looking this thing's verifying, but was wrong on placement.  Interesting.   There's a region of partly to mostly cloud down here SW of roughly Nashua NH, and in this region we're destablizing with splashes of filtered sun ..temps into the low 70s. But it's sparking slow movers.  Still, it's not the same as the advertized 2-3" banded QPF bomb the models were layin' down between Springfield Ma and Providence RI just yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Did you move there ?  I thought you lived somewhere along 93, N of Boston to NH...

It's looking this thing's verifying, but was wrong on placement.  Interesting.   There's a region of partly to mostly cloud down here SW of roughly Nashua NH, and in this region we're destablizing with splashes of filtered sun ..temps into the low 70s. But it's sparking slow movers.  Still, it's not the same as the advertized 2-3" banded QPF bomb the models were layin' down between Springfield Ma and Providence RI just yesterday. 

Still a pretty crappy pm . Light Showers keep forming along the terrain so won’t be as good as I thought . Had a good morning to midday . 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Never in NH.  Primarily in Mass until I retire to what is now my Maine getaway.