Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

This weather has been perfect for me.  I know it's too good to last forever, but at least most of June is done before any mega heat and humidity settles in.  

Seems if projections work according to plan ( heh ) the month is destined to average close to normal?

Right now the major climate sites ( which are entirely obtuse using Providence, Boston and Worcester because of those locations are less rationally representative of civility ... different subject) suggest the region runs -1 to -3 below normal.  Almost seems it should be lower than that... But the hemisphere/ super synoptic heads in favor of heat delivery. This week as the doorway period has been in play for like 3 weeks of extended techniques...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

We had a December storms drop about 15-18” for you. Also early January gave you I think close to 10”. Ended up near normal or snow. 

I remember the Feb event. Temps sucked in that, and it was disorganized when it got here. 

A frustrating winter, but nothing like this past one.

09-10 was the most frustrating winter for me since coming to Maine, with only that first Maine "winter", 73-74, even close.  It was a disaster for Maine except for the mountains.  Three KU's pass without a flake here and the 4th dumps the most awful 10" slopfest imaginable - 4:1 mashed potato that wouldn't even stick on branches, just splattered to the ground.  Then that KU's 2nd Act was 1"+ RA at 33-35° (on NE winds) while NYC has their 20.9-inch "snowicane".  BWI recording 7" more snow than CAR might be a 500-year phenomenon. 
The final act, following the mildest FEB-APR period here, was the 22° low on May 11, causing easily the worst frost damage I've ever seen.  No apples that year.

Officially dubbed the "pork roll, egg and cheese" chase.

Taylor ham!  (And that's the classic NJ breakfast.)

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Kids don’t like being outside in comfy weather?
<duck and run>

Scooter's gone off the deep end with Kevin....most normal people like 70s and lower dews unless maybe you are having a pool or beach day. Even on this forum it's true....I remember I ran a poll on this and overwhelmingly people voted against heat and humidity.

I don't mind a few mini-heat waves mixed in....they are pretty classic summer feel. Just don't give us DC/Philly weather where it's weeks straight of 90F and humid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

09-10 was the most frustrating winter for me since coming to Maine, with only that first Maine "winter", 73-74, even close.  It was a disaster for Maine except for the mountains.  Three KU's pass without a flake here and the 4th dumps the most awful 10" slopfest imaginable - 4:1 mashed potato that wouldn't even stick on branches, just splattered to the ground.  Then that KU's 2nd Act was 1"+ RA at 33-35° (on NE winds) while NYC has their 20.9-inch "snowicane".  BWI recording 7" more snow than CAR might be a 500-year phenomenon. 
The final act, following the mildest FEB-APR period here, was the 22° low on May 11, causing easily the worst frost damage I've ever seen.  No apples that year.

Scarred for life, Nightmares still happen.

• Thanks 1

Didn't go to NJ...screw this and screw this pathetic summer. The heat signal will probably be fake and we'll probably fine a way to trough. But I hope to hell this heat verifies...I hope it gets so hot and so humid that EVERYONE melts when installing. I hope it's so freaking uncomfortable everyone complains. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 5

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Scarred for life, Nightmares still happen.

Added to the sadness is that, in early January, Cool Spruce wondered whether that stalled retro-bomb might wreck winter - he was spot on.  Unfortunately, not long after that came the stroke that took him off the board and eventually (I assume) took his life.  We were kindred spirits about trees and forests.

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Added to the sadness is that, in early January, Cool Spruce wondered whether that stalled retro-bomb might wreck winter - he was spot on.  Unfortunately, not long after that came the stroke that took him off the board and eventually (I assume) took his life.  We were kindred spirits about trees and forests.

I remember him, He was from the Blue Hill/Ellsworth area i believe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tamarack said:

You and Dryslot still with night sweats from that winter. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter's gone off the deep end with Kevin....most normal people like 70s and lower dews unless maybe you are having a pool or beach day. Even on this forum it's true....I remember I ran a poll on this and overwhelmingly people voted against heat and humidity.

I don't mind a few mini-heat waves mixed in....they are pretty classic summer feel. Just don't give us DC/Philly weather where it's weeks straight of 90F and humid.

He's worse than me, but I need some warmth. Just happy it's coming for the time being. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not much you can do outside when it's 90 and humid (other than swim)  The past 45 days has been great for biking/hiking/walking etc.   A mix of the 2 would be great as we head into July...

• Like 2