• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

Trying to figure out why 12z Euro op was so much farther west of the 00z (been out all day catching up now)... seems like the only big difference is interaction with a short wave digging SE out of Canada pulls Lee NW.  So I guess that seems to be a key piece of the puzzle to keep an eye on, and we all know how great the models are forecasting Canadian waves of low pressure 7 or 8 days out. :lol:

ecmwf_z500_vort_atl_fh204_trend-2.gif

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Dartmouth-Halifax has been the target for days. I have family members there, so if it hits, I hope core is off the coast.  Halifax Harbor is most likely getting a surge no matter what.  If it come in SW of Halifax it will be ugly.

Hopefully the core is off the coast hundreds of miles SW of them ;)

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Already watching and invested in that next one behind Leo for laser week of month.. More dews and summer as that will again pump the WAR in east 

The next few days are pretty much the last hurrah for dews. There will be more ahead of fronts, but I think the sustained stuff is done. Then of course comes 12/24.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The next few days are pretty much the last hurrah for dews. There will be more ahead of fronts, but I think the sustained stuff is done. Then of course comes 12/24.

If that big cane the models have last week will f month is there it’ll pump heights and slow fronts which would lead to at least several days in a row of dews. Idalia and Franklin did it and now Lee. We’ll just have to see if it actually develops 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Wow mind reader

Euro is trash

Remember that for winter 

We’ve been trying to tell everybody for years this.  Thing never recovered from its first upgrade from way back.  It used to be the bomb…2012 nailed Sandy from 8 days out. It couldn’t do that now to save its life. Now it’s just another model.. at best. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If that big cane the models have last week will f month is there it’ll pump heights and slow fronts which would lead to at least several days in a row of dews. Idalia and Franklin did it and now Lee. We’ll just have to see if it actually develops 

Pump this :weenie:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If having an OP vacillate back and forth from one end of its ensemble mean to the other on a day 10 forecast renders it trash, then we are all forecasting from a garbage bin.

I agree.  But it’s been pretty bad at jumping around. Even the Canadian isn’t doing that.

• Like 3