Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

12 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I won’t want to be around for it. But it’s probably in our future. When that happens there likely won’t be a JFK anymore since it’ll be underwater. 

Man I felt like I was under water today in all this humidity, even with a seabreeze it was over 90 here and the heat index was around 104.  Tomorrow is going to be worse.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 12:37 AM, LibertyBell said:

Man I felt like I was under water today in all this humidity, even with a seabreeze it was over 90 here and the heat index was around 104.  Tomorrow is going to be worse.

The seabreeze just makes it worse now because it raises the humidity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jm1220 said:

The seabreeze just makes it worse now because it raises the humidity. 

We did manage a heatwave here and at JFK, temps in the low 90s all three days, but it was really the humidity that made it feel so much worse.  Normally low 90s is perfectly fine for me, but I felt so sluggish and dizzy in this weather.

Another thing-- when the humidity is really high, my A/C performs much worse.  Despite running it 24/7 my room temp was between 86-88 during the peak of the heat all three days.

19 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Stop it, new jersey isnt that far. Just feels like a different country. 

11 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You live in New Jersey’s attic. 

Good afternoon BxE, Nibor. A word of caution; I believe Will allows his pet devil to exercise in the Pine Barrens. Stay well, as always …..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Dominican Republic for my sister’s wedding 

Good afternoon dm25. What a wonderful way to spend the New Year Holiday. If you can please post a photo. My wish is that you are able to return to celebrate your sisters silver and golden anniversary. Stay well, as always …

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon dm25. What a wonderful way to spend the New Year Holiday. If you can please post a photo. My wish is that you are able to return to celebrate your sisters silver and golden anniversary. Stay well, as always …

Thank you so much and yes I definitely will post a pic of it

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

But there's always a possibility of a massive snowstorm even if it's a torch winter. 

At least for now

And it's not as if we're that far removed from an above average snowfall winter. Last winter was horrible obviously, but NYC got 38.6 inches in the winter of 2020-21. Well above average. One horrendous winter last year isn't enough to make me believe that the situation has gotten so bad that we're never gonna see an above average snowfall winter again. . 

• Like 2

• BxEngine changed the title to Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23