Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Salem NH RWIS is 36° and the mixing line is crawling slowly north still toward the NH coast so my guess is no. 

Yeah seems like the line is in Salem/border area. About an inch here and pounding slop a few miles northwest though 

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

I don't get the skepticism toward the lift. I have seen a signal for banding for multiple days in a row (as the low stacks)

I'm at 32F at home. Yesterday not a single model had me below 35F.

I think this aftn you’ll have a chance for some. But once the sun comes up this morning and without the deep lift you’ll warm. So then in the aftn you’ll need to cold down a bit. Again for lower elevations. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Is that area in north central Mass near ineedsnow a normally local downslope area like this with E flow?

4B04EE7D-7A14-430C-9A14-5F2BD6AD6F0A.gif

Maybe downsloping off the Wapack range to the northeast?  It does line up pretty well with the shadow of the hills through Ashburnham and Westminster (Watatic to Wachusett).  It isn’t a huge drop to the west though.  ~200 feet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I think this aftn you’ll have a chance for some. But once the sun comes up this morning and without the deep lift you’ll warm. So then in the aftn you’ll need to cold down a bit. Again for lower elevations. 

Looking at radar now. If we don't get back into the lift within the hour, I will be shocked.

Here is the RAP. One of the least snowy models. 

ezgif-1-fde957f94f.gif.82c4340d07be8196f59827392dc79ac0.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Temp steadily falling but still raining and Dryslot approaching . .  I wonder if we get nothing around here 

Got to think your close to flipping….Here 25 miles to your SE and it’s a deluge with that firehouse over head. Not expecting more than 1-2” of snow on the grass later