Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Good to see the CC drop here. Still heavy rain. 

My expectations were 0.0 and it looks like thats going to be the reality so i can't say i'm disappointed. But i am annoyed that we wasted good potential (yet again) and probably have to wait 8+ months for the next snowfall here, barring some freak event. O well.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

My expectations were 0.0 and it looks like thats going to be the reality so i can't say i'm disappointed. But i am annoyed that we wasted good potential (yet again) and probably have to wait 8+ months for the next snowfall here, barring some freak event. O well.

I expect 0.0 here too but I am a little angry that this fell apart in the fashion it looks to have. We’ll see what the day brings, but this is easily the worst season I’ve ever seen imby subjectively. 

That said, hoping for a miracle. :weenie: 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I expect 0.0 here too but I am a little angry that this fell apart in the fashion it looks to have. We’ll see what the day brings, but this is easily the worst season I’ve ever seen imby subjectively. 

That said, hoping for a miracle. :weenie: 

21-22 lookin' like an epic winter of yore compared to this ;)

You all have fun with your pasty snow to the north and west. I’d be fine with not having to pull out the ol back shoveling inches of cement this late in the season. Of course us coastal folks still have to worry about trees and power lines possibly coming down with all this wind on top of very saturated ground. This rain has just been relentless for the last six or so hours. Talk about a persistent fetch of moisture coming up the south coast!

Actually traffic on 91 was moving along pretty good while I was just outside.

Enormous flakes. Wind from the north. Guesstimate 4" down. One of our inbound deliveries got stuck in our lot, according to our logistics supervisor. Lol.

Looking at Albany's radar, I'm wondering when this starts to pivot back south. Looks like it's wound up and moving north across western ct?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i doubt it...yet. Highways with the treatment they put down its probably just wet. Everywhere south of Enfield is probably still mostly rain atm as well. 

According to WeatherUnderground radar, Enfield is right on the rain/snow line.  Actually east of I-91 its raining per radar.

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

My sidewalk is salted like crazy and is snow covered. 

Thats a little different from the warm/black highways with low albedo and lots of cars passing over it.

I was looking for traffic cams but couldnt find any from there on the ct.gov site Connecticut Traffic Cameras | CT Traffic Cams | CTroads i could have sworn they had Enfield cams at one point.

6 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Dumping right now sticking to everything!! Just eyeballing 4 to 6 and probably snowing at 2 inches an hour.. this is going to be bad here in terms of snowfall and damage I think 

Counting on you to verify my 30"+ forecast...don't let me down! Keep 'em coming...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Counting on you to verify my 30"+ forecast...don't let me down! Keep 'em coming...

Overnight
Snow. Low around 32. East wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow, mainly before 11pm. Low around 29. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Temp?

That is early..wow

33.3F. Still very wet and sloppy, but its snowing. Hrrr basically bounces the line in place for a few hours. So, its possible I go back and forth for a while, but well see. Looks like ASH and MHT flipped too 

Just now, wx2fish said:

33.3F. Still very wet and sloppy, but its snowing. Hrrr basically bounces the line in place around for a few hours. So, its possible I go back and forth for a while, but well see. Looks like ASH and MHT flipped too 

Wow...must be a coastal front just west of me...37.9 here.

Brutal.