Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

3 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Snow picking up and now grass is totally covered. Just starting on the driveway as I took out the trash barrels.  Don't feel like trudging them through the snow in the AM.

What is your elevation there?  It flashes to snow here for a minute or two but then back to mix. 

I'm at 300' and I bet it's all snow at 600'.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Snow picking up and now grass is totally covered. Just starting on the driveway as I took out the trash barrels.  Don't feel like trudging them through the snow in the AM.

Hopefully our trash can be picked up tomorrow.  In our town we have to hire private companies. We get recycling done every 2 weeks. Trash every week. Two weeks ago they called to postpone trash pickup due to a snowstorm by one week (picked up last week) but recycling was pushed out two weeks

Right now we have 4 weeks of recycling crammed into our big tote (85 gal).  If they miss it tomorrow I don’t know where we will put additional recycling stuff.  

I think they will cancel

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hopefully our trash can be picked up tomorrow.  In our town we have to hire private companies. We get recycling done every 2 weeks. Trash every week. Two weeks ago they called to postpone trash pickup by one week (picked up last week) but recycling was pushed out two weeks

Right now we have 4 weeks of recycling crammed into our big tote (85 gal).  If they miss it tomorrow I don’t know where we will put additional recycling stuff.  

I think they will cancel

We're the same.  They didn't show a couple Mondays back when we had that concrete snow, but came the following day... after the plows toppled 80 percent of the trash barrels in town from the heavy wet stuff pelting them

Fully flipped snow in Downtown Albany now. A nice band has been sitting over this area for a while and helped it flip over a bit ahead of schedule in the Capital Region. No accumulation yet.

32*f wet-bulb contour suggests that accumulating snows are not far away:

https://operations.nysmesonet.org/~nbassill/loop/index.php?map=WINTER

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hopefully our trash can be picked up tomorrow.  In our town we have to hire private companies. We get recycling done every 2 weeks. Trash every week. Two weeks ago they called to postpone trash pickup due to a snowstorm by one week (picked up last week) but recycling was pushed out two weeks

I think they will cancel

No town transfer station that's free? Shame on the Hubb! 

• Sad 1