• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

I know it seems like the models are a bit inconsistent with where the main low will track. I think you're seeing them this evening splitting the lows because it's not sure exactly where they'll consolidate. I'm still thinking around the elbow of the cape is a good spot, I don't think it's going to be that far east just as I don't think it's going to be going into Connecticut. I do think that the 00z runs tonight, and even 12Z tomorrow should let us know what's going to happen. After that. It's just a bit of wiggle here and there.

I hope that the storm this time gives everybody but they were hoping for all winter. And it has that potential to do so!!!!

• Like 3

The storm goes around the elbow of the Cape because the center pulls a counterclockwise loop from initially moving close to the Benchmark, then being blocked from the receding storm. Depending on which model your looking at. But a track that would be most favorable for us here in Eastern Mass with the exception of the far SouthShore, Cape and islands would be a track just like it does initially (close to the Benchmark) and then a smaller loop south of the Cape and Islands then tracks east/northeast to a spot under Nova Scotia. That would just about do it. That would result in a quicker turn over to snow after a period of mix on the onset and we'd receive the heaviest omega the storm would have to offer and then pull slowly away. It would be a good for sure after such a lack luster season.

7 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b0b44d1250b7fdb2bb92ac017c1cf86.jpeg

Agree this will likely change… unless anticipating further east all happens after 8pm Tuesday, and guidance has trended later with the further east captures 

They are obviously very gun shy  with the idea of a a Strong CCB thru 8pm Thursday .

one of the more consistent features (if there has been one ) is the N stream heavy precip over Catskills and Berks and to a lesser degree the monads and they are keying in on that .

Also they probably have a good bit of continuity in their forecast and I think they would probably up elevations in NE CT and I would guess that if the CCB works out you can tack on 6-9” to that map? Where that hits 

Id like to see their 10% or maximum map to see their confidence level which I assume is low 

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b0b44d1250b7fdb2bb92ac017c1cf86.jpeg

Agree this will likely change… unless anticipating further east all happens after 8pm Tuesday, and guidance has trended later with the further east captures 

a little more on par for what I was thinking for mby, but ALY has me at 18-24, I thought the three stations were going to collaborate with the snow maps, after the debacle a few years ago, I think the box map is what shows all of SNE, no? but I'd be shocked if we get more than a foot here and BDL gets like 2-4, that is a sick gradient... although, I got 1.4 this morning and just up the hill a bit they got close to 4