Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Spring 2023 Banter

Baroclinic Zone

16 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Anyone been to a Portland Seadogs game? Recommend?

It's a nice little park but I've been spoiled by Polar Park in Worcester. Prices are reasonable which I liked and this year they have some good players. If you get a chance, go to a game at Polar, they have some real good prospects knocking on the door and the food is pretty good and not expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Polar has done a nice job with food and beverages.   They now have a $3, $4, and $5 hot dog.  Lots of beer choices and neat offerings throughout the park.  
Great site lines.  Parking remains kind of a PITA but they have more golf cart shuttles

The line for Coney Island hot dogs was long until the 7th inning and I got there 1/2 hour before the game started. they must sell thousands of hot dogs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

Saw these guys open for the Black Crowes last summer. Great opening band. 

Interesting, never heard of them. 

Going back to what Brian said…..it is a shame so many lead singers are dead. I still get chills listening to some old school 90s rock, like Pearl Jam’s Black. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Going back to what Brian said…..it is a shame so many lead singers are dead. I still get chills listening to some old school 90s rock, like Pearl Jam’s Black. 

https://people.com/music/chris-cornell-dead-kurt-cobain-rock-stars-who-died-young/

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

91-96 was a fun period - so many great alt rock albums during that run. Granted, I was like 8-13 years old during this period but I have older brothers who exposed me

AIC, Nirvana, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Soundgarden, PJ, Weezer, could go on and on as I'm leaving several out. 

15 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Getting back to music, whatever happened to rock? Seems like Disturbed only ones still sort of kicking it. One of my favs here. Sevendust. 

There's a band I adore, and have seen 17 times now going back to 2017.  They are a rock band.  They're late 30s early 40s, so grew up on all of that 90s rock.  They do a number of covers of songs like this.  Only thing that makes them less palatable to a larger audience, is they jam.  Their originals sound like they belong in the 90s, but they jam them out.  Not for everyone.

They just did 3 nights at Soundcheck Studios in Pembroke, but tour often in the northeast.

Spafford is their name.  

https://www.spafford.net/listen.html

https://www.youtube.com/@SpaffordMusic/videos

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Them and Metallica are a couple of my favorites as well as STP and Nirvana i have on one of my playlist.