Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

All the models are showing is the storm peaking well prior to MI.  This is never a good sign for MBY.  

Obviously if u want big dog totals, it's ideal to have the storm peaking to your SE, but in this case for detroit, peaking earlier may help keep it all snow, otherwise this baby's tracking west of Chicago. 

Yeah, this thing is going to blow its wad too quick and end up drying out fast as it shoots east. 

What’s interesting is the pockets of heavier snow/QPF as shown on the 12z GFS. That tells me there’s gonna be a lot of convection in the warm sector that’ll probably rob moisture from the cold-side, hence the lower totals in areas where you wouldn’t expect it over central Missouri, north-central Illinois and especially in Michigan. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 12:49 PM, Powerball said:

Call it what you want.

But the current output would be a once in a 50-year event (and that's being generous, I mean how often do we see a widespred 12"+ blizzard along the STL-IND-DTW corridor?) And that's not accounting for the usual shenanigans the models have been pulling with over-amping these storms in the medium range.

That said, it will probably end up being a decent run-of-the-mill storm (6-10" with some blowing/drifitng) for parts of the subforum when all said and done. And given the winter you all have had, it could be far worse.

Looking good...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Yeah, this thing is going to blow its wad too quick and end up drying out fast as it shoots east. 

What’s interesting is the pockets of heavier snow/QPF as shown on the 12z GFS. That tells me there’s gonna be a lot of convection in the warm sector that’ll probably rob moisture from the cold-side, hence the lower totals in areas where you wouldn’t expect it over central Missouri, north-central Illinois and especially in Michigan. 

Normally I would agree but with such a strong low and such a big slug of moisture it should be able to wrap plenty of precip into the deformation axis of the cyclone on the "cold" side of the system. 

White flag time. Euro and NAM teaming up. Deadly combo. Gonna be a good one for CID, MSN, MKE, and GRB. The usual suspects. Probably not enough time for MSP to reel this one in, but who knows.

I can’t wait until we go suppression depression in mid March. Enough of the f*cking rain.