• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Icon actually ticked colder.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We ICON.

Just going to post this....going back the last 4 runs, a noticeable push from the building confluence. Long range meso models unable to recognize this feature well?

I think we will have a good idea of whether to expect the higher end (6-12) or lower end (mostly sleet, maybe a couple inches) after 0z tonight for those of us south of the pike. Looks like we are right on the line right now, im leaning somewhere in the middle, maybe 4-6 inches or so while northern areas get more.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I foresee this as being extremely similar to the past storm we had, except with questions on overall thermal profile, but I would wager colder vs. warmer. 

I think we may see more sleet this time vs snow here in parts of CT

Just now, Modfan2 said:

I think we may see more sleet this time vs snow here in parts of CT

Certainly plausible, especially towards southern Connecticut, but at this stage there is just so much uncertainty it's hard to go with any one solution or idea. I think it's even possible this whole thing may end up crapping out and this is a rather uneventful, low impact event for most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS actually looks stronger with the confluence through 36h than 06z did. We'll see if that holds.

ICON would send people off their chairs if the model was worth a flake

heh... I mean, that looks like 12 hours of S just about everywhere N of the south shore... with at least 8 of them in S+

Just now, dryslot said:

12z GFS looks a couple tics north of the 06z run, Confluence looks to weaken a bit.

Confluence was def initially stronger, but the main shortwave looks like it's gaining just a smidge more latitude by 60h.