• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

Unless i see some changes here at 0z, I can't see more then 6-10" in the zones around me with a bit more over SW ME and SE NH, Most of the models don't close off the mid levels until there east of here, Sooner is the wildcard, Also dealing with some convective processes that are not usually favorable, But some models show some troughing but that's a fraud 5 feature and has not been consistent on modeling so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

This threat is over outside of interior elevated Sne. This is my sad deflated weenie confession to you. A friendly reminder that we will all be able to move on and see better events in the future. Not what I wanted to be typing right now. This winter has been one long drawn out disappointment. I am guilty of holding on to the bitter end, knocking some of our more negative posters. Well, you may not have been exactly "right" per definition, but I like to try to stay positive until I think it's over. I'm sticking a fork in it. I'm going to accept it at this point. Time to start popping zyrtec for the spring season. Pretty soon we will be tracking 'severe' threats. Bring on cape cod Beach weather 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not going to let anyone out.

Normally, the demise of winter is a sad time for weenies, but in Connecticut, there will be a New Orleans style celebration.

@Cold Miser and @EastonSN+ will be the Grand Marshals, leading the euphoric procession from Bridgeport to New Haven. 

@Sey-Mour Snow will be one of the pallbearers, wearing a ripped muscle shirt on that warm early April afternoon.

I’ll meet them in Hartford and continue on to BDL, casket handle in one hand and boom box in the other.

Rev Kev says the final prayer for the lost souls that were patient all the way to the end on the BDL tarmac.

We’ll all load the box into the cargo bay of a Spirit Airlines plane and accompany it out into the middle of the Atlantic where we dump the shit just like we have every 7-15 day model run since late December.

We will then toast the finality of it all with Zimas and edibles.

What a joyful day that will be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Normally, the demise of winter is a sad time for weenies, but in Connecticut, there will be a New Orleans style celebration.

@Cold Miser and @EastonSN+ will be the Grand Marshals, leading the euphoric procession from Bridgeport to New Haven. 

@Sey-Mour Snow will be one of the pallbearers, wearing a ripped muscle shirt on that warm early April afternoon.

I’ll meet them in Hartford and continue on to BDL, casket handle in one hand and boom box in the other.

Rev Kev says the final prayer for the lost souls that were patient all the way to the end on the BDL tarmac.

We’ll all load the box into the cargo bay of a Spirit Airlines plane and accompany it out into the middle of the Atlantic where we dump the shit just like we have every 7-15 day model run since late December.

We will then toast the finality of it all with Zimas and edibles.

What a joyful day that will be.

That is great. Sums up the pain and agony and gives it one last prayer before kicking it on its way.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Unless i see some changes here at 0z, I can't see more then 6-10" in the zones around me with a bit more over SW ME and SE NH, Most of the models don't close off the mid levels until there east of here, Sooner is the wildcard, Also dealing with some convective processes that are not usually favorable, But some models show some troughing but that's a fraud 5 feature and has not been consistent on modeling so far.

You are way way better at this than man, since you actually know some of the science.  The reason I think 8-12 with lollies to 15 is the 3 days of consistency with snow total at that level and sometimes even higher.  You are probably right, but I'm hopeful.  When it comes to these sorts of storms getting to double digits though, it usually involves at least some midlevel goodies.  Still time though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m thinking closer to 3-4” of kitchen sink crud for us. We’ve seen that a few times already this year. Just can’t buy an optimal look. 

Maybe we can get one last push south and finally catch a break but I’m skeptical. I feel like a bump north of more likely than south. At least it will cover the sun torched areas again which opened up today. 

At this point in the season I could almost care less.  Sure nice to have the snow, but regardless of how much (or little) anyone gets, it's short-lived.  Near-equinox  sun-level does not lead to long retention.

• Like 1