• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

nice ticks south.   prepping mentally for potential drifting back north a little over the next couple days. gotta hedge for the psyche and mental well-being. 

btw- this is how you run a thread..."monitoring guidance"...."becoming more likely"

Not loads blown on the first page with declarations of top 10 events

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

12-16 inches is a lot for an SWFE. As Tblizz likes to say, I think we will see a 50% haircut on all those totals over the next few days. The snow axis will also move north.

It's because the GFS isn't really showing a SWFE...it's almost morphed into a Miller B with closed mid-level circulations going south of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I need about 50 more miles here but I'd feel pretty good along I90 right now

I'm not all that comfortable yet along the pike....I'd prob want to see one more shift S by at least the non-GFS guidance. I'm always nervous about little north ticks inside 48.

The one factor that may help in this is the block is in the process of retrograding/strengthening, so I do like that mode of change occurring which was also present in yesterday's event which helped shove it into a CT special. That event never really came back north...it sort of tried to at the last second but only did so marginally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man gfs is like a Miller B practically. Still wish the antecedent airmass were better, but I think it would work here. At least it’s at night. 

Agreed … and I have less issue negotiating for blue during the blue times of year when marginality has an actual high pressure situated N feeding in 

correction vector points that way 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not all that comfortable yet along the pike....I'd prob want to see one more shift S by at least the non-GFS guidance. I'm always nervous about little north ticks inside 48.

The one factor that may help in this is the block is in the process of retrograding/strengthening, so I do like that mode of change occurring which was also present in yesterday's event which helped shove it into a CT special. That event never really came back north...it sort of tried to at the last second but only did so marginally.

Euro currently has the primary in Detroit, while GFS gets it close to Cleveland. Ideally the primary never makes it past Columbus, which could happen if models continue to tick stronger with the block.

I'd lock in the GFS though if given the offer, since those late minute north trends are always lurking

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes it seems an assumption by many of north ticks.  I wouldn't think they would be too significant, and perhaps we see more south ticks.

It will be interesting to see if the models are edging that 700mb evolution right.  It’s like sparking closing off, off and on, in theses isohypses intervals.  I think it’s possible that if it gets that precarious .. it will just go ahead and close off. 

Before the clocks Spring forward SNE will experience its largest snowfall of this year. Which won't be hard to achieve. 
This event appears to be sheared, not enough to consolidate or get excited about because it never gets its act together.
A 6-8" swath, maybe a jack of a foot from the slanted rulers in favored areas.
Getting close to the seasons swan song!