Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, bristolri_wx said:

What a great February, I mean March, outlook!

We needed this pattern 30 days ago lol!

It can certainly produce in March too…we take. Mother Nature doesn’t care what we want, or when we want it, as we saw all winter up til now. She’s coming for us…just later.  That’s some serious cold and a serious set up.

As we know and have been trying to tell folks for yrs…March is greater than December with regard to winter. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It can certainly produce in March too…we take. Mother Nature doesn’t care what we want, or when we want it, as we saw all winter up til now. She’s coming for us…just later.  That’s some serious cold and a serious set up.

As we know and have been trying to tell folks for yrs…March is greater than December with regard to winter. 

March is the new December and you can get huge storms in March.

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That's a rain event or shredder. It's also a Day 13+ op so it doesn't matter. 

March should be good for New England where climo is still favorable. Not much to get excited about elsewhere. 

Coldest anomalies are still west. 

Who cares about climo when you have a favorable pattern coming on all the ensembles , EPO and MJO.

Just now, MJO812 said:

Who cares about climo when you have a favorable pattern coming on all the ensembles , EPO and MJO.

Ya he’s still in the persistence/nothing has changed camp. He needs to move up here to SNE, and stop complaining in Jersey. 

This isn’t the same old same old….if we roll snake eyes again it would be incredibly bad juju to say the least. But nobody can control that.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

March should be good for New England where climo is still favorable. Not much to get excited about elsewhere. 

it's not worth looking at something that is 2 weeks out...by then it will have changed

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya he’s still in the persistence/nothing has changed camp. He needs to move up here to SNE, and stop complaining in Jersey. 

This isn’t the same old same old….if we roll snake eyes again it would be incredibly bad juju to say the least. But nobody can control that.  

Holy Cannoli

FB_IMG_1677592289661.jpg

FB_IMG_1677592286269.jpg

FB_IMG_1677592283424.jpg

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I'm not complaining about it. It is what it is, you can't change the weather. I got some snow last night so it's better than nothing. 

But bad winters usually don't change that much in character and there's something to be said about persistence & repetition. 

But I hope it works out for someone. I'm on the cold/dry March train. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I know I know, and I’m grateful we will get some winter weather in March. It was born during a March snowstorm according to my parents. Just wishing it showed up earlier if for anything to show being an optimist for late Jan and parts of Feb wasn’t a total miss!

• Like 2

No no no... The NAO has to be relaxing people. 

If you somehow metaphysically succeed in conjuring a -NAO elaphant over the western limb of the domain ... good luck sitting down, for as this recent soring of the butt demonstrates forcibly - what? you're forgetting ...like, while the butt is being sored?   LOL.

Okay - good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, my old standard method has medium coherent signal for mid month for something bigger.  Really the 11-15th ...too early to hone within that range, which may even blur an entry around the 9th+

The 06z GFS ...maaaaybe began suspicious hint with that deep vortex opening up S of NS out in that time range. Looking over the GEF individual members, about 1/2 have become more specifically intriguing (just the coarse membership provided at PSU -) as a cursory eval. But that is a nice hemispheric look, because the NAO is relaxing.  As others have noted, there is a PNA rise going on.  I'd like to see it actually go higher than the 0 SD axis/ Buffalo massacre variant.

Race is on against the sun, in a La Nina hang over, in a CC that seems to express less with warm temperatures ...and more with accelerating away from cold behavior whenever it can ( weird)...  but as is smeared in the guidance at this sort of range, there's enough cold in proximal to this mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

You want the coldest anomalies west...who wants Jan 2004.....

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You want the coldest anomalies west...who wants Jan 2004.....

In Jan no but in March yes. 

Alternatively some of the ops also suggest an omega high like pattern with a bulging ridge in the southern plains and cold coasts. 

You could get some clippers or SWFEs as the lows go around the ridge. Repeats of yesterday 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I guess we’d take a repeat:

2014-02-26_9-30-24.png

Lol yeah. I’m not expecting a repeat, but it’s a loaded pattern for sure. Let’s get it out of fantasy range though. I have no doubt the blocking happens, but that trough ejection is key to actually cashing in on it. 

• Like 4