Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m looking forward to spring softball but hoping NNE can get some net gainers next few weeks 

48 beautiful degrees in Bedford Mass another +12 f day

High of 22F at MVL off a low of 9F.

Big difference between near 50F down there and barely cracking into the 20s up here.

Currently 17F at home.

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Btw, I miss the you that would lollies to 8 on a little open wave.  I hope we get that again.  

Maybe you guys up there can still grab some snow . Certainly possible . We are done SNE . I don’t see any windows of anything remotely promising thru end of Feb . Maybe something pops up out of nowhere 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

57 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

2/9-10/87 was a whopper on the cape. Some spots had over 30 inches of mostly grease…temps near freezing for most of the storm but it flash-froze near the end with temps dropping into teens. 

I think Scooter’s hood had around 6” but once you got west of 128 it was mostly 1-3”…yeah the forum would be in epic melt mode  

The 80s always felt like two things for me. It was either a cape winter or west and  north of 128 deal. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

2/9-10/87 was a whopper on the cape. Some spots had over 30 inches of mostly grease…temps near freezing for most of the storm but it flash-froze near the end with temps dropping into teens. 

I think Scooter’s hood had around 6” but once you got west of 128 it was mostly 1-3”…yeah the forum would be in epic melt mode  

Did the 80’s suck bad for CNE/ NNE snow lovers as well 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Did the 80’s suck bad for CNE/ NNE snow lovers as well 

56 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I remember going up north to ski in the 80s and most times the skiing was ok, but they didn't have huge packs like they have the last 20 or so years.

NNE had a lot of lean years in the 80s too. It maybe wasn’t quite as bad as the epicenter of suck in SNE, but it was pretty terrible…they did have a couple blockbusters. Esp early 80s. I think they cleaned up pretty good in the super Nino of 82-83 and then did well in the same years SNE did in 81-82 and 83-84. 

• Thanks 2