Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There’s no weather and that was bullshit so yes. 

lol. Dude was a bonehead for even doing it, although... 

Go to 15:15  in this highlight video (you will have to go to YOUTUBE due to NFL restrictions ), and you will see that the defensive player outstretched his hand really far, and barely touched Mahomes, but it was all a matter of balance and physics that made it look worse than it was. I have seen worse touches out of bounds that never got called..  If Mahomes wasn't' limping around this may not have been called.  

All we will hear for the next 2 weeks is how "masterful", and how much of a "trooper" Mahomes was playing with an ankle and a half.   I won't be watching any highlights or superbowl discussion for the next 2 weeks.  ZERO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. Dude was a bonehead for even doing it, although... 

Go to 15:15  in this highlight video (you will have to go to YOUTUBE due to NFL restrictions ), and you will see that the defensive player outstretched his hand really far, and barely touched Mahomes, but it was all a matter of balance and physics that made it look worse than it was. I have seen worse touches out of bounds that never got called..  If Mahomes wasn't' limping around this may not have been called.  

All we will hear for the next 2 weeks is how "masterful", and how much of a "trooper" Mahomes was playing with an ankle and a half.   I won't be watching any highlights or superbowl discussion for the next 2 weeks.  ZERO.

Hope the Eagles destroy them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How was it BS? I hated it, too, but that was a penalty and it wasn't close. Mahomes was like 3 steps out of bounds when he shoved him. 

It wasn’t close . It was a penalty and Stevie Wonder saw that . It’s not even worth talking about . When the defensive player is laying on ground 30 feet from field of play after delivering hit . Was classic bone headed play and the defensive player knew it , as he was crying 10 min after play , not arguing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It wasn’t close . It was a penalty and Stevie Wonder saw that . It’s not even worth talking about . When the defensive player is laying on ground 30 feet from field of play after delivering hit . Was classic bone headed play and the defensive player knew it , as he was crying 10 min after play , not arguing 

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Pats fans would have been LIVID if that had happened to Brady and there wasn't a penalty called on the play.....it was an obvious penalty and an absolutely idiotic play.

Yea. I found myself pulling for Cincy at the end, and as much as I hated it, I couldn't complain about the call. I was just cursing out the player that did it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

How the eff do commit that penalty when the situation is so precarious.  They had to make that call, it was obvious and not even close.

Mahomes was already losing balance, it wasn’t egregious and if that was anybody else it wouldn’t have been called. Not to mention the other Mickey Mouse crap in the game. I’m sorry but KC  didn’t earn shit to get into the SB. That was a tie game going into OT and may the best team win.

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Mahomes was already losing balance, it wasn’t egregious and if that was anybody else it wouldn’t have been called. Not to mention the other Mickey Mouse crap in the game. I’m sorry but KC  didn’t earn shit to get into the SB. That was a tie game going into OT and may the best team win.

I understand you hate the Chiefs.  That would've/should've been called in any situation and on anybody.  I think you have an emotional bias here.  But I accept you as the enemy of my enemy.  :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

.08 of an inch modeled during next 10 days , Does it matter ..anything amped Should cut  and anything else is shredded and santa is still diving off Baja, Cali. 

Maybe the Outer cape gets ocean effect squalls that are heavy Saturday , maybe some has a fetish for that 

Lets see how this develops.  Dry is not a guarantee, especially as the cold quickly relaxes.  But if we get warm and it is sunny - great!  Winter probably coming back in late Feb I'd guess.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it was a penalty but after the shit the refs pulled earlier it just felt like there was no way Cincy would win that game.

It wasn’t that last call of the game, it was that whole 4th quarter in totality that was wild to watch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

.08 of an inch modeled during next 10 days , Does it matter ..anything amped Should cut  and anything else is shredded and santa is still diving off Baja, Cali. 

Maybe the Outer cape gets ocean effect squalls that are heavy Saturday , maybe some has a fetish for that 

I have given up in the sense that I am not expecting anything...if something should present itself as imminent, then great.

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I understand you hate the Chiefs.  That would've/should've been called in any situation and on anybody.  I think you have an emotional bias here.  But I accept you as the enemy of my enemy.  :)

Not necessarily.  People who think that didn't watch the replay carefully, particularly the refs. 

Yup .. unfortunately for the modeling cinema addicts there's still very little worth more than fleeting discontinuity runs tainted with troll opportunities to fill needles with these days. 

It really is turning into a stunningly long, persistent destructive interfering hemisphere. That's really why-for the cessation of events. There are S/W and cold and warm gradients in every direction, utterly out of phases that force crucial interaction. 

It occurs to me ... back in my college days I recall a moment whence Dr Colby and I discussed how big events tend to precede extended periods of quiescence.  We didn't venture but smaller speculation as to why, perhaps there is a kind of mechanical power budget and the storm kind of like over drafts.

There may in fact be some sort of geophysical truth to that. Beneath any such enlightenment, symbolism almost insists the Buffalo Bomb was thus the curse that molded the destiny of the 2022-2023 N/A future, ever since.   Whether there could ever be science to prove the 'big bomb' cash-out physics ... there really has been < "climate storm budget" realization ever since.  These piddling events that wrung up 113 pages of sanguine frenzy, 'what needs to happen so that' over 2 or 3" ... that was just withdraw syndrome driving people to do that. Lol.  Maybe only symbology, maybe more, but that bomb really did nothing for the local enthusiast agenda while it seemed to sew fate, either way. 

I feel a little like I committed the sports commentator jinx, how 'Joe has never allowed a goal in over time in his career,' was said about 34 seconds before Joe's team loses in the overtime at play. In this case, I dared mention the vulnerable risk period between the 2nd and 7th could also express as just a cold wave.  I said, precisely f*ing that!  I take it back!  I take it back! 

So ... we get through this week, the SPV and N/Stream elephant ass all roll on out... The other side may be obscured some by all that in the foreground... Models really haven't demoed much continuity - not that they necessarily need to beyond day 5.  Otherwise, it appears the previous pattern dynamic recurs.  It took this almost two weeks to get the pattern change here... So it lasts a week and then we settle back into that same old oscillating between cold that ends up more normalized, followed by +3 days.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Not necessarily.  People who think that didn't watch the replay carefully, particularly the refs. 

Anyone who watch the replay from the sideline angle and who *understands* what a late hit in the nfl is knows this was a very easy call , not sure how this is a brain bender . You can’t lean into a shove of a QB out of bounds and send him off his feet .  I seriously wonder now anyone who can’t see this is either so emotional they can’t use logic or they hate the chiefs too much to see straight .  Nothing personal Garth as I like you , but it’s just me making my point . Either way I’ll drop it now for the boards benefit lol.

• Weenie 1