Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How far is it for most CT and RI attendees? And then how far is Boston for those folks? And lastly .. other than the tour of NBC tour night.. when have they ever held one outside of ORH or BOS to make it more accessible for others ? Even once 

There was one probably 7-10 years ago at the Northampton Brewery to assist CT and WOR folks.

Today marks 2 months since we had the last measurable snowfall here. Dec 11 storm with 3.9"

Had a few flurries, some snow showers, some sleet and mixed precip, even a dusting during the historic cold snap but nothing i could measure 0.1 or more. It's most likely a similar situation for all of southern CT near the shoreline. Some places in Fairfield county haven't broken an inch yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Today marks 2 months since we had the last measurable snowfall here. Dec 11 storm with 3.9"

Had a few flurries, some snow showers, some sleet and mixed precip, even a dusting during the historic cold snap but nothing i could measure 0.1 or more. It's most likely a similar situation for all of southern CT near the shoreline. Some places in Fairfield county haven't broken an inch yet. 

Dusting down here

• Haha 1

It is kinda cute to still see  when you loop the models to see trough after trough bury itself in S Cali. /Az. Congrats Saint Lawrence valley
just watching the low 5H heights bury themselves is like Groundhog Day 

The -PNA/RNA has been amazingly persistent ever since November. Full latitude, digging for gold out west right through the end of the ensemble runs

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have said before that I would travel to MHT or CON, but there wasn't much interest bc its far for the CT peeps.

CT doesn’t need to take the long drive for there to be a gtg. But if Will and Scott are both missing , it may just turn into a conversation about deer hunting , chicken coops etc . It’s hard bc there is no central meeting location for NNE. Concord probably to keep some of SNE going but still a haul for many in NNE, as Scott mentioned PSM May have as much interest 

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I’d say 65% of this forum.  And 99.999% of our population. 

Most in here would prefer snow but since there’s no chance anyway, give us the 65-70….beats garbage 40s/50s and clouds/showers. 

Then hopefully we can grab a big dog before calling it a season. 

• Like 1