Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

@WinterWolfdo you leave your sled up at the place you’re renting in St.Agatha or trailer it every time you go up?

I leave the sled in the trailer at the place we are renting. So it goes up once and back once.  We have made friends with some of the locals, and we’ve left our trailers on their property as well, if we’re staying at a lodge, and don’t rent a place for the winter. But there was a time for years when we’d trailer every trip when we’d go up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I leave the sled in the trailer at the place we are renting. So it goes up once and back once.  We have made friends with some of the locals, and we’ve left our trailers on their property as well, if we’re staying at a lodge, and don’t rent a place for the winter. But there was a time for years when we’d trailer every trip when we’d go up. 

That makes sense. I’ve had a pretty good week up here. Not epic miles for a lot of guys but nearing 600 for the four days of riding I’ve had with one more to go tomorrow. Huge group today, 36 sleds. We rode from Limestone to Portage. People from as far away as Nova Scotia and western NY. 

C6D5F732-67DB-4662-958F-38DA4F8A26DE.jpeg

C565BC8D-7A5E-446E-BAD4-568C5547ECED.jpeg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

That makes sense. I’ve had a pretty good week up here. Not epic miles for a lot of guys but nearing 600 for the four days of riding I’ve had with one more to go tomorrow. Huge group today, 36 sleds. We rode from Limestone to Portage. People from as far away as Nova Scotia and western NY. 

C6D5F732-67DB-4662-958F-38DA4F8A26DE.jpeg

C565BC8D-7A5E-446E-BAD4-568C5547ECED.jpeg

That’s fabulous…that’s good miles, no need to kill yourself. That’s a nice trip. Is that picture on ITS 90 heading west?  36 is a huge group is right.  Staying at Deans in portage? Good grub there.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s fabulous…that’s good miles, no need to kill yourself. That’s a nice trip. Is that picture on ITS 90 heading west?  36 is a huge group is right.  Staying at Deans in portage? Good grub there.  

Yes, it’s 90. We went to Dean’s for lunch. We broke into 2 groups. Staying at the old Loring Air Force Base in Limestone. It’s the winter meeting of the Northeast Chapter of the International Snowmobile Council. NY, MA, ME, NH, VT plus PEI, NB and Nova Scotia. We are missing Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland from the meeting. 

EDC5B375-9134-4055-B843-5295C4A317CB.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

We thought about that in the past. My reason for never doing it is that I always grease the sleds after each trip and like to wash, inspect etc. The amount of miles we would put on at times I just didn't feel comfortable ignoring them after a trip.

13 hours ago, 512high said:

Yes, plows quick, sanders not so quick, did they bury the stuff in the shop? I have a CAT908M with a Metal Pless wing plow, with two other trucks sitting, saving on fuel and so far no plow damage ! lolI

Everything is still fully equipped here but at this point I’m rooting for more warmth, around April 1 my ACH from CTDOT will show up with the yearly guarantee and I didn’t have to burn any fuel, payroll, broken plows, etc, only downside is having to wait for the $ all winter….. great winter for my seasonal loader rental for the local airport too, only one event for it since November otherwise just collecting the monthly check

• Like 4

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

At this point , February looks worse then I thought it would be for NNE. I didn’t think it would be better than average But the last week of the month is gonna have to produce or it very well looks like a ratter month for at least NH/VT standards to me

I always throught February was for shit region wide.

28 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Was 56F at midnight.  Has tailed off to 49F but will rebound today.  Nic CF draped across rt 128 in the Dedham/Needham area.  20F delta.

Already up to 57 here and places on LI and around NYC are already pretty much at 60. Uptons high of 60 is busting here hard. Maybe we can pull a 70. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I find myself not caring. If there was snow OTG, I’d be nervous, angry , and hand wringing over possibly losing the snow. In a futile winter it’s much more relaxing 

I agree.  Mid January I was more upset, and in anger mode.  Not now.  Just laughing at this point.

...Pics of Daffodils coming in northern Virginia in the mid Atlantic thread.  Soon we will have the same scene here.

• Like 2