Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,277
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    weatherman27
    Newest Member
    weatherman27
    Joined

January 25, 2023 Front End Frozen Chance


WxUSAF
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 04:00PM Wednesday

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch.  

* WHERE...Portions of northwest and western Virginia and eastern and panhandle West Virginia.  

* WHEN...From 5 AM to 4 PM EST Wednesday.  

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* AFFECTED AREAS: AUGUSTA ... ROCKINGHAM ... SHENANDOAH ... FREDERICK ... PAGE ... WESTERN HIGHLAND ... EASTERN HIGHLAND ... BERKELEY ... JEFFERSON ... WESTERN PENDLETON ... EASTERN PENDLETON 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

Advisory: Winter Weather Advisory until 04:00PM Wednesday

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch.  

* WHERE...Portions of northwest and western Virginia and eastern and panhandle West Virginia.  

* WHEN...From 5 AM to 4 PM EST Wednesday.  

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* AFFECTED AREAS: AUGUSTA ... ROCKINGHAM ... SHENANDOAH ... FREDERICK ... PAGE ... WESTERN HIGHLAND ... EASTERN HIGHLAND ... BERKELEY ... JEFFERSON ... WESTERN PENDLETON ... EASTERN PENDLETON 

They brined the roads here. It looks like it will flip pretty quickly though.  You have definitely got better chances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Why WxUSAF thread threat. Lol

No. Ji first stated it. WxUSAF, realizing there was potential, “accidentally” deleted Jis version and started his own. Or at least that’s what we’re going with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This snippet from the late day Pittsburgh office disco is relevant to deep creek and Canaan for upslope.

There is potential for additional headlines for this Thursday
period in upslope locations where the above factors can aid to
higher amounts, with current model means showing 3-5" with
locally higher amounts. Will refrain from hazard issuance to
maintain focus on Wednesday portion for now.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I teach math in HS as one of my jobs.  20% of tracking winter weather for me is tracking ‘snow’ days off for my wife (also a teacher) and my son in HS and my daughter in MS, so it is cool that Augusta County, and Staunton, and Waynesboro are all out tomorrow.

But 80% is getting enough snow to sled with the kids and plow and make snow angels and have snowball fights, etc.  Not sure we will be able to do this tomorrow, unfortunately!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

So, I teach math in HS as one of my jobs.  20% of tracking winter weather for me is tracking ‘snow’ days off for my wife (also a teacher) and my son in HS and my daughter in MS, so it is cool that Augusta County, and Staunton, and Waynesboro are all out tomorrow.

But 80% is getting enough snow to sled with the kids and plow and make snow angels and have snowball fights, etc.  Not sure we will be able to do this tomorrow, unfortunately!

Perhaps one of these tomorrow 

 

8F78636C-C912-47A4-B6B9-57FAAAFBA4A1.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone heading to snowshoe….from the Charleston office.

This event will turn more into an
upslope event by the overnight on Thursday. Besides snow,
another potential hazard is going to be the wind gusts with the
highest winds in the lowlands expected during the early morning
hours and up to 35mph. The higher elevations will strengthen up
to 45mph+ by the late evening and continue into late Thursday
night. An advisory will likely be issued for this hazard across
the highest elevations. Among the 1-2 inches forecast in the
lowlands and 2-4+ inches (with higher amounts confined to the
higher elevations up to 10 inches) possible particularly across
the Webster/Randolph border on the western slopes near Snowshoe,
an advisory is likely to be issued as well for this time frame.
Any snow activity will continue into the next period with just
upslope snow by Friday morning.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

This snippet from the late day Pittsburgh office disco is relevant to deep creek and Canaan for upslope.

There is potential for additional headlines for this Thursday
period in upslope locations where the above factors can aid to
higher amounts, with current model means showing 3-5" with
locally higher amounts. Will refrain from hazard issuance to
maintain focus on Wednesday portion for now.

 

‘Enhanced’ threat for Deep Creek from the upslope:

image.thumb.png.50a96c80e41edaa404a526accf9f47f6.png

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...