Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

Nice in the overnight from GYX

National Weather Service Gray ME 329 AM EST Mon Jan 23 2023 ...WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL THROUGH MONDAY... .Low pressure will cross the Gulf of Maine today, continuing and in some cases increasing snowfall over the region. Although there will be somewhat of a lull during the first part of the day as the storm undergoes a bit of a transition entering the Gulf of Maine, the storm will strongly amplify and renew heavy snowfall over the warned area through today. Snowfall rates exceeding an inch per hour will be possible as banded snowfall organizes and translates across the forecast area by this afternoon and through the evening, bringing significant travel impacts for the entire day, particularly through the I-95 corridor and into the urbanized areas of southern New Hampshire during the evening commute. Snow will end from west to east through the evening hours as the system pulls away from New England. Gusty northwest winds of 25 to 35 mph will also be in play today and tonight, which may lead to a few power outages where wet and sticky snow from this morning clings to trees and power outage

Common theme this year, in SNE and my hood is that when 850 is no Longer a problem; the BL is. There is no cold on the back side of this. Period.

It’ll flip back to snow, and most will see quite a bit falling, but a lot of it gonna go down as white rain.

1) Sell the clowns.

2)Hedge with 5:1 in the colder spots.

3)Don’t believe it until you see it at the stake everywhere else

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

34 with a cold rain. The rain last night took the snow off the trees so no power problems here.

Was pleasantly surprised with the amount of snow we had in Southborough over the weekend, despite the changeover to rain! Heading back to Michigan now to hopefully some good snows. 

• Like 1

Still 37.2⁰ here....been here only a short few years, but already know how this ends, 34⁰ with white rain. Coating of slush before the precip moves out....this is when there is actually cold air around, this time probably end up with nothing to show....now it is time for Mother nature to prove me wrong.