Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

20 minutes ago, mreaves said:

They’re brave. 

They can access it around there legally.  There's a path to get to the Alpine Mart/Mobil for gas.  They just can't travel on the Rec Path except for that stretch.  It is signed and I've never seen anything but super considerate behavior from any snowmobilers when encountering them with the dog.

Noticing that weather underground now has 5 to 8 inches overnight and 5 to 8 tomorrow. That is a pretty good increase from what was 3 to 5 inches for each period. At this rate, though we will have 5 inches shortly after midnight. I don’t know if we’re going to have this sort of snow growth all night but the radar looks fantastic. 

• Like 2

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Noticing that weather underground now has 5 to 8 inches overnight at five days and just tomorrow. That is a pretty good increase from what was 3 to 5 inches for each period. At this rate, though we will have 5 inches shortly after midnight. I don’t know if we’re going to have this sort of snow growth all night but the radar looks fantastic. 

image.png

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Nam was toasty aloft tonight.  Definitely warmer than the hrrr 

Yea that was the warmest run yet. Looks like a lot of liquid here. Shocker.

Somewhere around DAW—>Hookset going to get all frozen on those caked trees though. Heavy wet snow/ice, throughout right where that 850 0c line makes its furthest progress north. Outages no doubt. They can keep it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They can access it around there legally.  There's a path to get to the Alpine Mart/Mobil for gas.  They just can't travel on the Rec Path except for that stretch.  It is signed and I've never seen anything but super considerate behavior from any snowmobilers when encountering them with the dog.

I just meant that there is not a lot of snow to be riding on yet. It’s different on a bike path or on a railbed like the LVRT. Once you get in the woods though, it’s a different story. Just like woods skiing. You need more snow than on the groomed trails. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I just meant that there is not a lot of snow to be riding on yet. It’s different on a bike path or on a railbed like the LVRT. Once you get in the woods though, it’s a different story. Just like woods skiing. You need more snow than on the groomed trails. 

You need a base.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea that was the warmest run yet. Looks like a lot of liquid here. Shocker.

Somewhere around DAW—>Hookset going to get all frozen on those caked trees though. Heavy wet snow/ice, throughout right where that 850 0c line makes its furthest progress north. Outages no doubt. They can keep it. 

I think 12k may end up little too warm, but I'm not expecting much else until 14-15z or so. Still 31F so well see how long it takes to get up to 32F. 

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ahh gotcha!  I thought you meant what was allowed to ride on through here.  Sometimes the weekend crowd can get curious of different paths on a sled, ha.

Yeah they "groom" these spots almost daily in the winter, leads to a good packed down surface.  The spots with conifers are the worst, much of the snow up in the trees and not on the ground.