• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

Anyway... Ptype rads have me over to snow now but it's still raining. Temp is up to 32.7 too -

Helluva finish...   LOL

Just being a little snarky there but it's true. These 5 min obs are trying to do a kind of exit face smack on phase 1 of this event.   It's like that scene in "Air Plane", when Leslie Neilson's character halts like it's an afterthought, turns back around, just so he can get one last smack in on the panicking passenger before heading back to cockpit -  Phase 1 hesitates much in the same way. hahaha

• Like 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Pounding easily 3”hour.  1” from 8:35-9:30 for a total of 7 but dramatic increase in rates last few minutes and radar looks even better.

Concord still snowing , may flipped to a mix of sleet between the times I checked at 6 and 8am but seems like it’s been all snow and it’s definitely over 7” new

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Anyway... Ptype rads have me over to snow now but it's still raining. Temp is up to 32.7 too -

Helluva finish...   LOL

Just being a little snarky there but it's true. These 5 min obs are trying to do a kind of exit face smack on phase 1 of this event.   It's like that scene in "Air Plane", when Leslie Neilson's character halts like it's an afterthought, turns back around, just so he can get one last smack in on the panicking passenger before heading back to cockpit -  Phase 1 is hesitates much in the same way. hahaha

I just came back from a trip out to the Berks - Lee, Great Barrington area. Saw 24 hours of light to mod snow amount to less than an inch. Been a similar story back in Dover. Interior or not, it's BL temps have been a major problem throughout SNE.

People in this area are not used to being laser focused on BL temps. Growing up on LI you lived and died by it for snow total accums.

This year in SNE tracking BL temps >> tracking radar. The former has been the problem, while the latter has been outperforming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think folks are gonna want elevations in SNE today to accumulate more than 1-2” , unless eastern areas can wait till after 3pm and still see .3 +qpf

Or if it pounds 1-2" per hour S+, then BL temps won't matter....but those solutions haven't really been believable. I'd go 1-2" for most...but there will prob be a few bands that do better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I just came back from a trip out to the Berks - Lee, Great Barrington area. Saw 24 hours of light to mod snow amount to less than an inch. Been a similar story back in Dover. Interior or not, it's BL temps have been a major problem throughout SNE.

People in this area are not used to being laser focused on BL temps. Growing up on LI you lived and died by it for snow total accums.

This year in SNE tracking BL temps >> tracking radar. The former has been the problem, while the latter has been outperforming.

People should post 'positive snow depth change' maps instead of total snowfall.