• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Kind of what I was alluding to the other day, the NAM sets up a “sweet spot” so to speak from Des Moines to Dubuque and into Wisconsin. This area gets in on more intense WAA as well as the developing low. I wouldn’t be surprised to see widespread 6”+ totals in central and northeastern Iowa where this sets up. 

5 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Not much to like for anyone east of IA on that NAM. Totals in E MI have been nuked. 

I think it makes sense. The same drying trend that took place for us will happen over MI outside of lake effect belts, despite how much they will complain.

The NAM has done well leading the rest of the suite so far, I think it deserves some credence.

7 minutes ago, mimillman said:

I think it makes sense. The same drying trend that took place for us will happen over MI outside of lake effect belts, despite how much they will complain.

The NAM has done well leading the rest of the suite so far, I think it deserves some credence.

We don't complain. We already know we suck and are used to it, accept it and no longer get upset about it. Perhaps you should stick to talking about your area. We still luv ya tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

APX Official Forecast only through Sat Am, still snowing through Monday with LES ripping.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

Wish I was back home so I could drive up to my cottage in bellaire for this one. Gonna be a true blizzard up there. Meanwhile I gotta deal with highs in the 50s for Xmas here in florida. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Wish I was back home so I could drive up to my cottage in bellaire for this one. Gonna be a true blizzard up there. Meanwhile I gotta deal with highs in the 50s for Xmas here in florida. 

Compared to the hell most of us will be dealing with, that sounds like paradise to me...

• Sad 1

kl0ai.png

My 7 Day in Hanover, in 20 years of following TWN this is among the most insane :lmao:. I've never seen the header "blizzard" locally in one of these, 89 km/h gusts is the highest PMX has spit out locally. 65-85 cm in 3 days (26-33 inches)!! Per usual I won't believe it til its happening but damn this tempts me to be excited.

• Like 4