• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

MKX has been forced to go with the dreaded "Winter storm watch to WWA" about-face for the actual snowfall portion of this event in their CWA, tonight through tomorrow. They mention still being concerned about potential for ground blizzard conditions later tomorrow into Friday but have held off the blizzard warning, even though they are up to our west in Iowa.

• Like 2

I’m about 100 miles to your SW surrounded by cornfields. Will by following your updates to see how far off I ended up from the real goods 
There's nothing between me and Denver except a barbed wire fence, and it fell down ten years ago. I hate wind.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kaner88 said:

Third straight run of outright halving QPF in Chicago from last night's 0z Euro... from 1.2" to 0.15" in just 36 hours. Not a great performance by model guidance across the board with this storm.

ecmwf-deterministic-KORD-total_precip_multirun-1580800.png

Who broke the major global models (esp. the EURO) and when, why and how? They're getting worse with each "upgrade."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Who broke the major global models (esp. the EURO) and when, why and how? They're getting worse with each "upgrade."

“A long, long, time ago,

I can still remember when the Euro, used to make me smile.

And I knew if it had its chance, it could make the forum dance. 
And maybe we’d be happy, for a while.”

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Idk why but it looks like it’s the ARW members vs the NMB members, where the former is much more amped.

That's not particularly surprising. The ARW cores have that tendency vs NMM. We see it a lot in Colorado. I wouldn't put much faith into it anyways since it's the SREF but it sure is fun to look at sometimes 

• Like 1