• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Maybe with the winds so strong, we can get some of the higher totals to the west and northwest to blow more snow in here helping "bump" totals. ;):lol:

But yeah, locking in 1-2" for MBY total. Very short duration of snow and consistent drying trends on the models making me like that call. Hoping for those to the east, that solutions hold and they get buried. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Another tick east too

I actually left the Euro people a question about it. I am just not buying it as is. Upper levels or SLP placement is off which means snowfall totals are off. A matter of which? Most of them show nearly the same upper level features which suggests to me the slp placement is off along with snowfall totals. Jmho

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I actually left the Euro people a question about it. I am just not buying it as is. Upper levels or SLP placement is off which means snowfall totals are off. A matter of which? Most of them show nearly the same upper level features which suggests to me the slp placement is off along with snowfall totals. Jmho

As always, gonna come down to now casting with the timing of it bombing. Id say even detroit is still in the ballgame for the bigger snows, altho areas already outlined looks good.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Which way do you think it will go?

3 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Which way do you think it will go?

Hard to say? Been gone too long and have not paid close enough attention to the models and their trends? A question of which is off or if both are off? These types of storms are rare around here as is.

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

As always, gonna come down to now casting with the timing of it bombing. Id say even detroit is still in the ballgame for the bigger snows, altho areas already outlined looks good.

Yep. I agree on all points. 

1 minute ago, Chicago WX said:

I'm grasping for straws, but the 12z HRRR ticked totals up in a bit in IL. Farther east, looks like it developed a bit faster, was a slight shift west, versus the 6z run. Might be just timing though.

I don't know why I'm still paying attention to this thing. :facepalm:

image.png.ba9f8658f6a3b56ca180589787ed4d61.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

I'm grasping for straws, but the 12z HRRR ticked totals up in a bit in IL. Farther east, looks like it developed a bit faster, was a slight shift west, versus the 6z run. Might be just timing though.

I don't know why I'm still paying attention to this thing. :facepalm:

Because you’ve invested time in it so you’re seeing it through. It’s like in Deal or No Deal where the $1 million gets knocked out with 6 cases left in the game; so the contestant just keeps playing until the end and wins $5.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mimillman said:

So the 12z NAM is hinting at what the SREF was onto (no surprise there) with main WAA more impactful in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, hence higher totals.

That is believable

What's the chances we can get a last min secondary low to bring us a slug of moisture straight north ahead of the front, like we saw 2 weeks ago into N IL (rain at that time)

1 minute ago, ChiTownSnow said:

What's the chances we can get a last min secondary low to bring us a slug of moisture straight north ahead of the front, like we saw 2 weeks ago into N IL (rain at that time)

No clue.

More NAM updates: it is more amplified out west in the DVN CWA, hence the higher totals there. Still lackluster across the majority of Illinois but an improvement from the glorified snow showers on the 6z