• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

It's downright chilly up here in Frederick right now.  These are times when I don't miss living in Bethesda lol.  My elevation isn't too great here (300-400 ft), but it jumps quickly towards Gambrill State Park which I can basically ride my bike to.  Long story short, tomorrow morning is getting interesting even for the immediate DC 'burbs.

Just now, 87storms said:

It's downright chilly up here in Frederick right now.  These are times when I don't miss living in Bethesda lol.  My elevation isn't too great here (300-400 ft), but it jumps quickly towards Gambrill State Park which I can basically ride my bike to.  Long story short, tomorrow morning is getting interesting even for the immediate DC 'burbs.

Definitely wish I still lived in Frederick county va for this one. It won’t be great but a lot better then what I’m gonna prob see in Baltimore county 

9 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

Definitely wish I still lived in Frederick county va for this one. It won’t be great but a lot better then what I’m gonna prob see in Baltimore county 

My cousin lives in Canton, so I'm gonna need to share notes with him.  Temps look pretty chilly throughout the region with the CAD in place.  If there's going to be an overperformer (at least temporarily), this has some of those vibes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Nice spread on the temp to dew point ratio as well! That’s like a 7 degree drop in temp if precip came in right now. 

More like a 5 degree drop, but definitely works. I've learned over the years that THE MINIMUM you should go with when meeting temp to DP is 3 DP's up for each degree down in temp. That has saved a lot of heartache over the years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Not seeing what others are. HRRR looks like it is holding steady with the snow NW of Moco/Hoco. 

1671709500-seGRbFX3djw.png
fwiw the R/S line drops back east too, with bursts of snow across moco/hoco, temps are riding the 0C line based on soundings so a degree difference can result in an overperformer for a lot of ppl. getting good vibes from this one

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

More like a 5 degree drop, but definitely works. I've learned over the years that THE MINIMUM you should go with when meeting temp to DP is 3 DP's up for each degree down in temp. That has saved a lot of heartache over the years.

Currently 31.3/23.2 here, so SHOULD meet about 29 degrees here once things get going.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic