• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

That image is a replica of MLK. I’ll never forget Will posting pictures of him and Megan prancing thru 8” of snow , smiling, laughing, holding hands. He had on his blue Mighty Mac jacket. I recall it all so vividly. Meanwhile here I had gotten home from work and smashed the remote control against the wall into pieces 

• Haha 8

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

That image is a replica of MLK. I’ll never forget Will posting pictures of him and Megan hiding thru 8” of snow , smiling, laughing, holding hands. He had on his blue Mighty Mac jacket. I recall it all so vividly. Meanwhile here I had gotten home from work and smashed the remote control against the wall in pieces 

Honestly.. I can see that happening again. Except you enjoy with Will, as me wolfie and wxwatcher head to Target for the toaster sale. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

That image is a replica of MLK. Ill

never forget Will posting pictures of him and Megan hiding thru 8” of snow , smiling, laughing, holding hands. He had on his blue Mighty Mac jacket. I recall it all so vividly. Meanwhile here I had gotten home from work and smashed the remote control against the wall in pieces 

It was the next day that pushed you over the edge. You were already furious about the pics of Megan and I walking through the woods with 8” of paste and then the next day we had that little impulse come through and we got hit with a surprise 4” while you were pouring rain. I posted the pics below and then you just went on an all time melt…it was probably better than my melt at the ecmwf.int folks

MLK2010_1.thumb.jpg.43e8fb13d53a4ac586d06425c361d3a0.jpgMLK2010_2.thumb.jpg.734d1596c6fa2b9d708501d8e9d4824a.jpg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That image is a replica of MLK. I’ll never forget Will posting pictures of him and Megan prancing thru 8” of snow , smiling, laughing, holding hands. He had on his blue Mighty Mac jacket. I recall it all so vividly. Meanwhile here I had gotten home from work and smashed the remote control against the wall into pieces 

Go with hi res

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wouldn’t El Niño Hose be further south / be blasting big bear lake over to flagstaff and Taos more 

Yeah if you had one of those Pineapple Express Ninos. But not all of them are that far south. We’ve had some that are a little further north too. 

• Thanks 1

Mid 20s here, but the 2-3" forecast verified at 0.2" of mostly IP.  Abbot, about 50 miles to the northeast, reported 2.6", tops so far though the poster from Monson (one town north of Abbot) hasn't checked in.  We'll probably get only the north fringe tomorrow, if anything. 
Better to be fringed by little events and be near the jackpot on bigger ones like mid December. :D

Yeah I mean theAtmosphere and the La Niña are more so than less in a disconnect right now … for whatever reason they’ve entered the uncoupled state.   

It has ramifications… For one during this interim we should probably not be as climatologically reliant because we are in that sort of uncharted waters - no pun intended.  The other aspect is that we have a fairly impressive MJO wave and I’ve been monitoring it. It looks like it’s begun to expand across the equator so it’s not just a southern hemispheric transit-according to the models. Looks like estimating about 40% of the OLR is now on the northern side of the equator extending close to 10 or even 15° latitude. 

So tfwiw… but these are impressive wave momentum appeals going right through the cold north America correlation.

The thing that really has me scratching my head is that not only does the GEF’s EOF refuses to modulate the PNA positive - it’s making that even more negative and it’s very concerted around that as well.  If that were not complex enough… There is another option. We could see a negative EPO explosion with a negative PNA running underneath it. That would suffice also for distribution/dispersion ( Non-linear wave mechanics would do that. It’s basically when instead of going directly from A to B to C, A goes to C … while B remains relatively unperturbed)

that oughta make sure nobody understood what I mean…

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, tamarack said:

Mid 20s here, but the 2-3" forecast verified at 0.2" of mostly IP.  Abbot, about 50 miles to the northeast, reported 2.6", tops so far though the poster from Monson (one town north of Abbot) hasn't checked in.  We'll probably get only the north fringe tomorrow, if anything. 
Better to be fringed by little events and be near the jackpot on bigger ones like mid December. :D

I heard Jackman scored 5-6"

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It is amazing how quickly there are delays and cancellations for schools. Back in the day it took a lot for school to be cancelled. I do not recall ever having a delayed opening. 

Now school's close or delay if the sun is too bright.

I remember April of 2002 in 6th grade and it being well into the 80's. The A/C's weren't turned on yet and it was super hot. Never heard of school closing for that. 

But i will say...if there is any type of heavy snow in the forecast or ice...it makes absolutely zero sense to have people be outside driving. My first job was working at an ice skating rink and during big storms (especially if school's were closed) they would stay open and add public skating times. Yeah yeah yeah I get business and its $$$$ but why give the people the option to go out? ahh right $$$$ > life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It is amazing how quickly there are delays and cancellations for schools. Back in the day it took a lot for school to be cancelled. I do not recall ever having a delayed opening. 

In elementary school in the 70s we had our bus get stuck two separate times going in during decent storms. Then in high school in the 80s it just didn't snow. I think I had a total of 5 snow days for all four years. I think I may remember one delayed opening

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Agreed. It is ridiculous.

Clown forecasters not helping either. Somehow these guys get paid for this. 

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know but the pattern doesn't fit the Nina narrative.  Historical stuff out west. Mammoth is just getting crushed 

climate change has expanded the west pacific warm pool so much that enso matters less than it used to

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Honestly.. I can see that happening again. Except you enjoy with Will, as me wolfie and wxwatcher head to Target for the toaster sale. 

I think the NAM and HRRR are more likely to be correct with a dynamic system like this one. But in this winter the way things are going .. nothing would surprise me 

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was the next day that pushed you over the edge. You were already furious about the pics of Megan and I walking through the woods with 8” of paste and then the next day we had that little impulse come through and we got hit with a surprise 4” while you were pouring rain. I posted the pics below and then you just went on an all time melt…it was probably better than my melt at the ecmwf.int folks

MLK2010_1.thumb.jpg.43e8fb13d53a4ac586d06425c361d3a0.jpgMLK2010_2.thumb.jpg.734d1596c6fa2b9d708501d8e9d4824a.jpg

The anger seething thru my veins again after seeing those pics. It’s bringing it all back 

• Haha 2