Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My perspective on weather is that "if you aren't going to entertain me, then stay the fu*& out of my way"...IOW, no inconveniences or discomfort.

I’m with you.  I’ve experienced enough cold and with no winter precipitation what’s the point?   I do however ultimately appreciate my long walks in deep cold so there’s some conflict....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I love cold weather...

To each their own...I mean, I will certainly take it over 90 and humid....but I just don't care to freeze after being blue balled by mother nature all of last March and now this December. I mean...I have had one warning event (Feb 25) since the blizzard that bent me over last January. Sorry, but that just isn't worth it...give me warmth.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

ICON's a nasty ice storm for the Jan 5-7th signal...  It was a more impressive 00z solution than the other guidance.

I'm still not completely sold on this models usefulness one way or the other, but I see it listed out on the web and some times mentioned in AFDs in NWS and so forth.  It must get some street cred?      who knows.

But, the signal is still real folks.  It's not that far away anymore, either.   I'd like the see the GEFs come around. The EPS has some vague look at a coastal.

We're not in threat mode.  This is still signal eval.   I don't think we're going be sending 582 heights up to NJ this whole month though, so long as the numerical PNA index sustains, albeit modestly, a positive SD.   This in fact appears more related to hemispheric 'elasticity' in the rather abrupt/recent disappearance of the NAO blocking over the western limb. It is in fact a strong positive mode... but is presently ( I believe) over-compensated and will settle back.  Probably when/as this thing comes along next week is resonant timing. 

ya that threat is legit GFS had it a few days ago

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Lots of confluence....yet another big low that tries to run west (shocking, I know) and is met with resistance...but probably not enough for SNE.

Have to get it to keep going under, Its been ticking slowly in that direction from a full blown cutter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This (among many other) is probably the biggest limiting factor for this threat. Airmass is stale puke no matter how you slice it.

Not going to work for most, But i think NNE can still cash even if its marginal, My area probably wont unless this keeps sliding SE around the 5th, Better chance from the 8th on though.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This (among many other) is probably the biggest limiting factor for this threat. Airmass is stale puke no matter how you slice it.

Yea, that is a page right out of the 2007-2008 playbook with a better airmass....but the primary originally making it to MI won't cut it with that airmass in SNE. No margin for error...even as we approach peak climo.