• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

It's remarkable how persistent and reliable the grinch storm is every year in the Dec 20-25 timeframe. During my two decades living in Maine, I can only recall one or two years where we actually had a currier and ives tier white Christmas that was free of said grinch. It almost seems a given that if any significant snow events happen before the 25th, that incurs a debt which must be repaid in torchy rain between the 20 and 25th. If I recall correctly, this anomaly has even become visible in some long term climate records.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Someone just mentioned that Larry Cosgrove said the storm was going to reform in North Carolina. I asked to see or for them to post an article with that, but nothing was given. They said they did see it. I just think it's pulling its straws at this point

Last LC FB post doesn't have a NE storm.

LC.PNG

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, but March is in fact snowier.

Maybe true, but sun angle, melts quicker, and the end is in sight at that point, just bumming , like Scott and others said a few weeks ago, things look great!, And this last storm really hurt, so close yet so far away, anyways , no control over it, we regroup ......hope for a direct hit on the next one.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mean half inch to inch more in March is pretty much noise

It's a couple where I am. Snowier noise.

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

Maybe true, but sun angle, melts quicker, and the end is in sight at that point, just bumming , like Scott and others said a few weeks ago, things look great!, And this last storm really hurt, so close yet so far away, anyways , no control over it, we regroup ......hope for a direct hit on the next one.

The sun angle and retention crap is irrelevent. I agree that makes snow better in December, but fact is that it isn't a better snowfall month, unfortunately. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They are pretty comparable mainly bc March runs up against tough climo in the second half of the month. But I would rather take my chances on a big fish in March...just my opinion, but I think historic stats would confirm. 

Dec has tough climo first two weeks. March has the biggies no doubt. Just fewer occurrences of snow in the air and on the ground