Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

54 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Given the rest of the guidance regarding end of next week-GFS appears to be a far outlier.  So we know it's a SWFE and the only question is how much cold can hold.  I know it's very early but this may be a near replica 15 years later.  Dumbfounded...

Easily could evolve from SWFE to Nor’easter. looks detached from primary very early for a real SWFE. Redevelopment potential for sure. Lots of qpf

• Like 1

Kind of interesting toggling the 12z and 00z EPS individual cyclone members. The primary is weaker and further south, the high to the north is stronger, but there are definitely more huggers in the 12z EPS suite despite those two previous variables.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of interesting toggling the 12z and 00z EPS individual cyclone members. The primary is weaker and further south, the high to the north is stronger, but there are definitely more huggers in the 12z EPS suite despite those two previous variables.

I think the reason for this is that the ocean storm (50/50 low) from 12/12 is further east on the 12z EPS than 00z, so there is a bit more room for the huggers.

Destroys N ORH county to Berks and CNE.
Kind of like a Dec '92 shifted north a bit.

I can’t think of many events that had pac energy close off near the Rockies, stay closed off in the plains, then be forced under a block and redevelop to a coastal. I’m sure they exist just can’t think of one. Most events with closed ULLs dive out of Canada, like Dec 2000.

Can you think of any similar setups?

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I can’t think of many events that had pac energy close off near the Rockies, stay closed off in the plains, then be forced under a block and redevelop to a coastal. I’m sure they exist just can’t think of one. Most events with closed ULLs dive out of Canada, like Dec 2000.

Pretty sure the 1/12/11 storm was a closed low almost the entire length of the CONUS. It wasn't as deep as the current modeled system though.

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I’ve seen it before… I’ve been referring to it as a “tumbler” during the day for fun.