Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,529
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    christians
    Newest Member
    christians
    Joined

November 2022 OBS/DISC


Baroclinic Zone
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They better get a ton of snow down in the "cool shot" early next week....not even sure how much they can make but if they don't make it then, there's literally no way they can make any prior to 11/12.

The irony is the pattern looks pretty good for them to make a ton of snow after that.

My guess is if the forecasts hold they might give them the chance until the second snow inspection seeing as Killington has pulled the event off impressively well in the past for an FIS ski race in November in the East.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

My guess is if the forecasts hold they might give them the chance until the second snow inspection seeing as Killington has pulled the event off impressively well in the past for an FIS ski race in November in the East.  

If they can wait, they'll probably get help naturally too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They might be able to make it..just don't see much if any natural. But then it torches again.

Natural snow has zero factor in it.  It’s all man-made and dense.  Maybe if an inch or more QPF snow bomb but a snow gun can do that in a few hours.  Need a lot of water to support a race like that… to drill in gates and then safety wise, they need to have feet of depth on the sides to be able to anchor the various netting and such.  They have specs for depth to secure that netting so it won’t pull out when a human slams into it.  That’s honestly the biggest hurdle is width and sideline depths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Natural snow has zero factor in it.  It’s all man-made and dense.  Maybe if an inch or more QPF snow bomb but a snow gun can do that in a few hours.  Need a lot of water to support a race like that… to drill in gates and then safety wise, they need to have feet of depth on the sides to be able to anchor the various netting and such.  They have specs for depth to secure that netting so it won’t pull out when a human slams into it.  That’s honestly the biggest hurdle is width and sideline depths.

I know...but I was saying this from a perspective of getting help naturally too because it's a small window for man made. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know...but I was saying this from a perspective of getting help naturally too because it's a small window for man made. 

Oh yeah I guess I was thing from the race event stance, natural would be more cosmetic than anything.  It all helps but they’ll be looking for like a foot of QPF from the guns giving 3 feet snow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh yeah I guess I was thing from the race event stance, natural would be more cosmetic than anything.  It all helps but they’ll be looking for like a foot of QPF from the guns giving 3 feet snow.

Hopefully they can wait a few days when the 12th comes because as it looks now, they will have a good pattern to at least blow snow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been interesting monitoring the RMM over time... how this MJO wave is tunneling through an unfavorable Pacific... 

The GEFies have that as a moderate to strong wave penetrating early Phase 8!!   It's been unfurling over time, too - that wasn't suppose to get there by Novie 7 (blw)... So, it'll be interesting if continues to bore its way across.  The thing is, with the Pac/N/A look tending -EPO burst up there ( perhaps a couple of times over the next three weeks at that) ...this "might" come into a constructive interference if it keeps flirting with it..  If the wave dies by D10 like that ... perhaps not, but it's intriguing to see this behavior 'while' we are tracking the season 'possible' first winter pattern appeal (d10ish --> )

GEFS.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How did you figure out it was leaking? I go to where the pipe is outside on the house occasionally to check it and make sure I don’t smell the “rotten egg” smell. Not sure that would even be what I’m looking at.

Use a spray bottle with just soap and water. Spray any connection or area you suspect might have a leak. If there is a leak, when you spray it, it will produce soap bubbles

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...