Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

A Seasonal forecaster I know said this coming cold spell is one of the biggest week 3 busts we've seen...on the colder side.

This is why I always say, nothing's a guarantee.

Of course there were some that were saying it's going to warm back up in another couple of weeks, others that say it's not others that say the winter is going to be amazing, and others that say it's going to be horrible. Horrible.

Why is the weather so exciting and always keeps us on her toes? Because it's changing constantly even with future forecasting in hand. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Colder than expected?

From what it looked like in late October, much much colder for the CONUS. 
It's a matter of ridge placement off by 300-400 miles. Recall I mentioned that the difference of the ridge placement is the difference of seeing the cold go into the west and everyone east of the MS is torching...vs having the cold roll down the front range and freeze the CONUS outside of maybe the far southeast US. 

• Like 2

some decent bands now coming onshore here in Juno Beach, has been gusty all day, but I can hear the surf, will try to get over there tomorrow and pull a cantore and get some video or pics, technically, if she does become a hurricane, would be the first since Gloria for me, Irene, Bob, all the others were TS when they hit my area at least...glad to see it's finally seasonally cool up there, I may be back just in time for snow...

• Like 2