Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Over 1" yesterday for me.  This seals a wall-to-wall green summer.  Very Stark contrast to my previous 2 summers out here where everything was completely burned up by early summer.  It actually got dry a bit before yesterday, but impressive storms took care of that.

This was the greenest summer I remember. The grass mowing was relentless! My mower struggled in some of it due to the added weeds that seemed to thrive as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Over 1" yesterday for me.  This seals a wall-to-wall green summer.  Very Stark contrast to my previous 2 summers out here where everything was completely burned up by early summer.  It actually got dry a bit before yesterday, but impressive storms took care of that.

Not sure exactly where you are, but I’m building due west of Lake Holiday, and that area has been hammered all summer. Was talking with a guy up near Reynolds’s Store and he said he had been really dry. Amazing difference for only a few miles.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not sure exactly where you are, but I’m building due west of Lake Holiday, and that area has been hammered all summer. Was talking with a guy up near Reynolds’s Store and he said he had been really dry. Amazing difference for only a few miles.

I'm on whitace rd.  Just due NW of the lake.  

8 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Storm that rolled through here yesterday put 21 consecutive power poles on the ground a couple of miles from my school. That’s impressive.

Those pics were crazy.  What I can't figure out is how the wind snapped those utility poles like that, but I didn't see tree damage or damaged siding or roofs on the houses in those pics.   Bizarre.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of August 2022

Averaged high was 81.4 degrees vs a normal of 82.7 degrees, a -1.3 degrees below normal. Highest temp recorded was 88.9 degrees on the 10th. Averaged low was 61.8 degrees vs a normal of 60.4 degrees, a +1.4 degrees above average. The coolest temp recorded was 52.9 degrees on the 13th. Overall average temp was 71.6 degrees vs a normal of 71.6 degrees, a bullseye of 0.0 degrees off. Total rainfall for the month was 4.66 inches vs a normal of 3.32 inches, a +1.34 inches above normal. The wettest day was the 1st with 1.29 inches falling. There were 15 days with measurable, 3 days with a 'T' and 13 dry days. Highest wind recorded was 33 mph on the 11th. There were a few records, the 1.29 inches on the 1st was a new daily rainfall, then there were back to back record 'cool max's' on the 16th and 17th. Overall a slightly wetter and very average month temp wise. Again, another month where the highs are below average but the lows are warmer...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1