Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We get that all the time around here. They come up from Westover AFB and run maneuvers over the Hilltowns.  
Loud. 

As I was leaving my Springfield training last week it was very cold to see a couple of very low flying C-5As or whatever they are called.  Those are biggley 

3 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Funny that you "take a break" in summer, yet still somehow post more than anyone else.   :clap:  (besides Coastal, no one can match his post count)

Only today...what data do you have supporting this?

Anyway, this is actually the time of year when I begin to come back as fall nears.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

I do not think they are crap at all.  I measured 27.5 in Lawrence in an open field at the cemetery. And keep in mind that measurement took place Tuesday(Feb 7th) afternoon.  Friends and I were on the way to the Reservoir in Lawrence to go sledding.  To get there we had to walk by the cemetery. We took a yard stick with us to measure the snow. I recall it like it was yesterday lol

I think (for my area at the time (Foxboro)) it was virtually impossible to get a good measurement due to the long duration winds.    Our VW microbus was completely buried though

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yikes 2 F15s and 2 helicopters screwing north over my head.

They just flew over Narragansett and circled out over the water a few times.  

You in Rhode Island? What an epic day. About to get some lunch at Georgies. 

20220816-110954.jpg

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I do not think they are crap at all.  I measured 27.5 in Lawrence in an open field at the cemetery. And keep in mind that measurement took place Tuesday(Feb 7th) afternoon.  Friends and I were on the way to the Reservoir in Lawrence to go sledding.  To get there we had to walk by the cemetery. We took a yard stick with us to measure the snow. I recall it like it was yesterday lol

I am not talking about you specifically....but in a storm of that magnitude, the duration, wind and circumstances such as the example Steve spoke of, can make it more difficult to obtain accurate measurements. And this speaks nothing of the disparity in measuring techniques over time.

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

The irony of every week, posting reminding everyone you are on hiatus during the summer....:lol:  afraid everyone misses you?

The art of trolling devolves then the troll tries too hard to elicit a reaction...it gets pretty transparent. You need to hone your passive aggressive skills.

• Confused 1

GFS delayed

Average Start Time Average End Time STATUS COMMENTS
DATA DUMP AND PREP 14:48:37 14:57:24        COMPLETE-15:41:06 31-45 MIN. LATE
ANALYSIS 14:56:02 15:24:06        RUNNING-15:41:25 46-60 MIN. LATE
T1534 FORECAST F000-F384 15:25:15 17:12:58        START DELAYED 31-45 MIN. LATE
12hr PRODUCTS 15:44:15 15:47:35        START DELAYED 15-30 MIN. LATE

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think (for my area at the time (Foxboro)) it was virtually impossible to get a good measurement due to the long duration winds.    Our VW microbus was completely buried though

It was difficult but there was a large open field at the cemetery so that made it somewhat easier to get a measurement.  Hourly snowfall measurements certainly would have added up to a higher total.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think he interpreted that as me doubting his measurement, but I was actually referring to some of the smaller numbers that should have been higher due to settling over time and wind displacement, etc.

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We get that all the time around here. They come up from Westover AFB and run maneuvers over the Hilltowns.  
Loud. 

We get buzzed all the time at Stowe.  The National Guard helicopters, planes, and the Green Mountain Boys F-35s run training flights through Smugglers Notch up here.  It's absolutely bonkers sometimes to see aircraft come in Top Gun style weaving through the cliffs of the Notch.

Guests always get freaked out.  You never see large aircraft come through only a few hundred feet off the deck.  If you are on the upper mountain they'll actually fly under you.

Quick screen grab from the Gondola base terminal of a transport flight buzzing.  Watching them take these things between the cliffs is wild.  Gonna be a big story if one of them screws it up.

Military.jpg.93e26e6640d5df7b0ca4237453834d2b.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

GFS delayed

Average Start Time Average End Time STATUS COMMENTS
DATA DUMP AND PREP 14:48:37 14:57:24        COMPLETE-15:41:06 31-45 MIN. LATE
ANALYSIS 14:56:02 15:24:06        RUNNING-15:41:25 46-60 MIN. LATE
T1534 FORECAST F000-F384 15:25:15 17:12:58        START DELAYED 31-45 MIN. LATE
12hr PRODUCTS 15:44:15 15:47:35        START DELAYED 15-30 MIN. LATE

Big run incoming.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1