Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

51 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

yeah, that's not even funny. my parents house used to be on city water, with a well for irrigation. many folks in town had the same setup. most would have a sign out front stating that well water was in use so they wouldn't get hassled.

51 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Quabbin 93% full. Wachusett 89%. 350 foot wells around here.  Even in Eastern Mass groundwater levels aren't crazy low. But anyways Mass sure loves its Govt oversight on private people and land. 

I don’t have a huge problem with it. No doubt the private land and people crowd would be the first ones crying if their wells or city water went dry.

They are asking people to not water their lawns, not pump water across the country to someone else or something.

Just now, dendrite said:

When the native trees and meadow vegetation starts taking a hit, I take notice. If it’s just the lawn and your cukes idc. You can’t even judge by wells because some people have them in a shitty location or not deep enough. 

It’s way past just burned out lawns around here and everywhere in SNE. Trees and brush are yellow and browning all over 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I see lush green trees everywhere. Sure some lawns are brown and crisp (some more than others) but unless you are peculiar about lawn upkeep most peoples lawns get brownish anyway in the summer, especially when you add in dog pee and poop 

BDL has had a ton of rain in the last few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I see lush green trees everywhere. Sure some lawns are brown and crisp (some more than others) but unless you are peculiar about lawn upkeep most peoples lawns get brownish anyway in the summer, especially when you add in dog pee and poop 

It's definitely different east of the river. Normally I can't see the sky through my woods. Lot thinner due to bugs I assume but definitely not lush this year 

20220816_103055.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

It's definitely different east of the river. Normally I can't see the sky through my woods. Lot thinner due to bugs I assume but definitely not lush this year 

20220816_103055.jpg

Certainly depends on where you're located. It's actually pretty interesting to see how drastically different things can be over such short distances. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They had 1.61 I’m one storm last  week for example. I’m at .34 MTD with all of that coming on Aug 1 and day 15 in a row of no rain 

I really do hope that we can muster up some coastal storms moving into the fall. One thing we would usually rely on too is some remnant tropical systems in the Gulf moving up along and advancing cold front but no signs of that.