• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

Have to believe much of the short term uncertainty is due to what degree this system is tropical/warm core. It’s currently developing over an area of SST’s that is  supportive of TC genesis. It will remain over marginally supportive SST’s through tonight based on guidance.

6z GFS seems to portray a TD type system/impact into the cape where it then quickly opens up once over cold water. And the vast majority of us get showers associated with the H5 low. Seems reasonable. 

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

You need to get on city water. Just soft lush green lawns all summer.

Screenshot_20220816-073632_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a30498fe51ff23d2cea77dc7be103d69.jpg

They are literally handing out fines to anyone caught watering outside in many towns in this area. The town of scituate I believe had already handed out over 100 citations I believe.

Those restrictions extend to private well water too in many areas. So you can be fined for watering even if you have your own well 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How much was your bill? Beautiful pups by the way.

I pay a $20 monthly connection charge and then $3 a ccf (748 gallons). I only heavily water my fenced in 4000 sqft yard mainly for the dogs.  Lawns need about an inch of water a week and that works out to about .6 gallons per sqft. So my 4000 sqft lawn needs about 2400 gallons to get 1 inch of water. That would be a little over 3 ccf or about $10 dollars. My winter bill averages $30-35 a month in the non summer months and around $80 watering in the summer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Despite the drought in CT not a single reservoir is in drought stage. The August 5th Surface Reservoir Capacity Measurements and Trends has the states reservoirs at 94.3% of normal. 

https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Drinking-Water/DWS/Reservoir-Data

The drought is not nearly as bad in CT. Eastern ma has been hit hardest. No debate there 

• Like 1