Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Lol idk if I ever seen models this bad this close in

models tend to have more error in the summer versus winter with the shorter wavelengths and less baroclinicity. Add in convection offshore, a bit of a tropical influence on some models, and how small scale the system is and there's going to be a lot of jumping around. I have no expectations for this...just hoping for a decent drink.

• Like 3

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Doesn’t really matter. Trends are to bring this all the way back to the river. I doubt anyone wants 5” for too much runoff and/or complaints switching from drought to basement flooding. 

yeah its widespread general rain which is good. tough news for the drought twins

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Doesn’t really matter. Trends are to bring this all the way back to the river. I doubt anyone wants 5” for too much runoff and/or complaints switching from drought to basement flooding. 

There’s zero agreement to bring rain into CT. Couple do couple don’t . I’d even be nervous in RI . Messenger watching 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This ain’t a fast flow winter setup with long wavelengths though. There’s a ridge over NF and in the north atlantic to help nudge it west.

There’s no baroclinic zone in summer.. it’s fighting dry air / low dews WNW flow on west side , and a lot of potential convection robbing moisture transport. In the winter this would be a slam dunk to get snow back to you . Summer totally different . I hope your forecast of soaking rains back to HFD is correct . Lord knows how badly we need it. I have my doubts , but we’ll see 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s no baroclinic zone in summer.. it’s fighting dry air / low dews WNW flow on west side , and a lot of potential convection robbing moisture transport. In the winter this would be a slam dunk to get snow back to you . Summer totally different . I hope your forecast of soaking rains back to HFD is correct . Lord knows how badly we need it. I have my doubts , but we’ll see 

But if it has some tropical characteristics, then there will be plenty of moisture....just maybe more compact.