Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

6 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z 3K NAM.  Heavy rain moving in overnight through mid afternoon Saturday.  Added 6Z GFS.

FE0508E3-330B-4A9F-B748-BDA1FF026521.png

B7AAFCC2-A693-4B42-A99D-673EE65EBA8A.png

Kinda weird NWS hasn't hoisted the Flood Watch... Its a Friday in summer... lots of people are going to go down to old Ellicott City to eat and hit the bars with no clue this could potentially make their night a living hell. 

2 hours ago, caviman2201 said:

Kinda weird NWS hasn't hoisted the Flood Watch... Its a Friday in summer... lots of people are going to go down to old Ellicott City to eat and hit the bars with no clue this could potentially make their night a living hell. 

There really isn't much of a threat this evening on the east side of the Potomac (and the threat to the west doesn't ramp up until you go quite a bit further west).   The heaviest rain will fall much later tonight through Saturday morning.     While I am also a bit surprised that a flash flood watch hasn't yet been hoisted, the last night's guidance had a lot of disagreement on the location of the heaviest rain, so I can't blame them for waiting until there was more certainty.     Looks to me like there is more agreement in the 12Z guidance that is coming out, and that watch should be hoisted by mid-afternoon at the latest.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Deck Pic said:

H**ward.  I will check but pretty sure 2004 had <10 in JJA.  2003 maybe just a few more.  Ji and I were pissed that we weren't good at heat anymore.  We didn't hit 95 in either summer, and we lost faith that it could get that hot here again.  Of course that didn't last long. 

Thank you Ma*teo. 
That rural winter place-you going to do it again? 

biked little bennett yesterday which is notorious for staying muddy in some of the low lying spots.  it was damp, but not too bad.  I don't think this area needs several inches of rain.  maybe a good soak, but i'm good on 2-4" of rain.  latest nam looks like a nothing burger for northern md, but it's also been dancing back and forth each run it seems.  one thing I do know is that it's humid out...like downpour humid.

side note...was in va beach last weekend and the water was swimmable.  thought it wouldn't be given what "feels" like a cooler summer so far.  also interesting were the salps that i thought were grains of sand, but instead were swarms of jelly-like things.  kinda gross, but they don't sting.  in fact, they're not even jellyfish apparently.  learned something new that day.

2 hours ago, 87storms said:

biked little bennett yesterday which is notorious for staying muddy in some of the low lying spots.  it was damp, but not too bad.  I don't think this area needs several inches of rain.  maybe a good soak, but i'm good on 2-4" of rain.  latest nam looks like a nothing burger for northern md, but it's also been dancing back and forth each run it seems.  one thing I do know is that it's humid out...like downpour humid.

side note...was in va beach last weekend and the water was swimmable.  thought it wouldn't be given what "feels" like a cooler summer so far.  also interesting were the salps that i thought were grains of sand, but instead were swarms of jelly-like things.  kinda gross, but they don't sting.  in fact, they're not even jellyfish apparently.  learned something new that day.

Upper Montgomery County thankfully has missed most of the rainfall, so the upper third of those watershed (Seneca Creeks, Hawlings River, etc.) has //a bit// of leeway. My primary concern is Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, NW Branch Anacostia, Little Falls Branch, and Minnehaha Branch. Gauges have come down, but we're still moving some decent water and those watersheds are flashy to begin with.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic