Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Glad you are coming around on the nights and good sleeping weather… as long as it’s warm daytime who cares?  You are seeing the light now.

I like 70+ nights and 85+ days . But of utmost importance is that dews are 70 or higher at all times . That’s what is coming late this month well into September 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He doesn’t care about night because he goes to bed at 8.

Kids still playing street hockey outside in the daylight, getting yelled at to quiet down?

We all know he wants it to be 80/79 at 3am with the A/C units watering the lawn because they are spitting out so much condensation.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Kids still playing street hockey outside in the daylight, getting yelled at to quiet down?

We all know he wants it to be 80/79 at 3am with the A/C units watering the lawn because they are spitting out so much condensation.

I like the heat and dews too,  but this has been great.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Uh well pulled it off an NWS product fwiw -

Yeah, just wanted to point out that 100 is not what will go into the books as the official high for Chicago.  Nonetheless, it was the hottest day in Chicago since 2012.

As you've been mentioning, looks like another round of big heat in the Midwest next week, which will give Chicago another crack at 100 by all indications.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I've had the AC in since early-mid May. honestly impressive how some of you go this long without it. I just can't sleep if if the temp is over 68, and especially if the humidity is up 

Definitely a different climate.

Maybe not though? 57F at MVL and 59F at TAN.  Quite a geographical difference in terms of miles, but sometimes the temperature difference isn't that much.

Looks like comfortable temperatures for most.  It was 80/48 down that way today... that's the dream right there.  Open all the slider doors and windows wide open.  When every room has a sliding door, we live in the outside temperature.  50s at the ASOS gets chilly inside.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What kids play street hockey ?lol

Man so many great memories of all kinds of street ball right up until you could not see the ball. Could not wait until that first day of summer. Lived in a great neighborhood with lots of talented athletes. Good times

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I've had the AC in since early-mid May. honestly impressive how some of you go this long without it. I just can't sleep if if the temp is over 68, and especially if the humidity is up 

I’m used to the heat, but last night I woke up in the middle of the night and it was a furnace. My apartment is extraordinary at retaining heat. Great during winter, absolutely outrageous during the summer. 

During that furnace summer in 2012 I was a student living in an apartment when it was 100 at HFD. No AC. That was wild. 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man so many great memories of all kinds of street ball right up until you could not see the ball. Could not wait until that first day of summer. Lived in a great neighborhood with lots of talented athletes. Good times

100%. Nothing like childhood days playing in the neighborhood. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Nowhere in sight I guess.

Friday likely the only hot and humid day of the next 7-10 in our area. Some towns may hit 90F...but otherwise it's a steady diet of excellent 70s and 80s rolling on... #wbz

Euro op and EPS cooler for weekend. Gonna be cool in and up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are signs the WAR sets up to kick off July. It’s been a pleasant coc filled May-June stretch though so we’re ready for summeh. Seasons behaving like seasons.

Just in time, the pool liner install starts today....these 50 degree morning have been great though

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are signs the WAR sets up to kick off July. It’s been a pleasant coc filled May-June stretch though so we’re ready for summeh. Seasons behaving like seasons.

If you get through June without big heat it’s always a win.  Who cares if July and August torch? It’s high summer and you expect some heat. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I grew up in E Cambridge in the 70’s, with my neighborhood clan swinging an old shovel handle at a pink rubber ball and an abandoned brick building as our backstop. 

#citytough

• Like 2