Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Light/Moderate Snowfall Nowcasting & Observations

Northof78

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Really nice band just popped up for Southern Somerset through most of Middlesex/Union - coming down nicely now with decent sized dendrites.  

q15Pau6.png

As the coastal approaches we might see even more enhancement esp along the coast. Depending how much more west the low drifts.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

17 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Poor me? Lol This is an inch of snow coming off temps in the mid to upper 50’s less than 12 hours before. The HRRR is too far NW as usual and by game time it will be back to reality like the other models. The Euro is the best depiction of what is very likely to happen tomorrow morning 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 7:00 am, up to 1.75" with fairly light intensity most of the last hour, but picking back up again now.  Temp down to 31F.  HRRR shows another inch or so for most through about noon, but at fairly light rates of 1/4" per hour, I doubt we'll see that much more accumulate with the indirect sunlight becoming more of an issue for melting by 9-10 am.  Guessing we'll end up with 2-2.5" here.  

As of 8:00 am we're up to 2.25" OTG with 1/2" the last hour. 31F. Here's a pretty picture... worth a walk outside y'all.  Also, you can see from the pic that the lightly traveled road across the street is still fully snow-covered, while the busier street right in front of our house is only partly slush-covered, as traffic has warmed things up a bit and melted some of the snow.  

May be an image of 1 person, car, snow and road

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Big 1 inch here. Roads are black, light snow

Snowman, what part of the county are you in because In my neck of the woods,,,,,,the roads are white and the plows and salt spreaders are out and we have close to 3 inches,,,,,that said don't sweat it brother as "even Derek Jeter had a bad day now and then " :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

After a high of 53 yesterday somehow I just had to shovel the driveway…imagine that. 3.9” on the board and still snowing. Complete winter wonderland out there, trees are all plastered with powder snow. 

Most guidance with the exception of the HRRR had us getting under 1”. Looks like a general 4-5” incoming for most up here

• Like 3