Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The ORH west crowd is scratching our heads at that map.  East looks good

Yea, my map will look dumb near you. Maybe lesson learned on banking on band ending up west with +NAO? But then again, you hear people argue that that FAVORS NW push. Bottom line is at the end of the day, its a guess...and I guessed incorrectly.

• Like 2

I’ve never seen consistently heavy snow like this in my 8 years in Gloucester, it’s usually not the best spot for these lol.

BOX just said it, but we’ve been living in the heavy bands for hours. So cool to watch, 2013 in Lynn is the last time I’ve seen anything like this. I’d guess we probably have 15+ at this point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The problem is Methuen  now considers itself to be a small market team.....it's no longer interested in spending money to retain or acquire top tier talent...Those south shore cities and towns aren't afraid to go over the luxury tax..

When this is all done the citizens of Methuen  can say "we were only a foot away from an historic storm"

:lol: I'm tired of the 6-12" slot receivers, while Randy Moss breaks tackles on the south shore.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mattm4242 said:

I’ve never seen consistently heavy snow like this in my 8 years in Gloucester, it’s usually not the best spot for these lol.

BOX just said it, but we’ve been living in the heavy bands for hours. So cool to watch, 2013 in Lynn is the last time I’ve seen anything like this. I’d guess we probably have 15+ at this point.

Happy for your area....MAJOR BONING there for years..worse then my area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Interesting bend to the band there. 

Could be the drift in the lowest 1000ft since it’s bending south on each side of the radar site. Near the surface you have ground reality and as you get further out it’ll be more to the north of ground truth.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Maybe lesson learned on banking on band ending up west with +NAO? But then again, you hear people argue that that FAVORS NW push. Bottom line is at the end of the day, its a guess...and I guessed incorrectly.

Rookie question, I was thinking the old 50-70 miles from modeled for bands but with the +NAO there is nothing to "slow the flow" and push it NW? 

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Even pushed that 24-30” into Providence area 

I woke up, looked outside and only saw like 3-4 inches of snow. Then at the low position and saw it was east, and got worried that the storm was going to bust. Im feeling a lot better about it now, my area is up to like 7-8 inches now with extremely heavy snow. How much do you have? Looking at the radar it looks like your area has been in the banding all morning, you gotta be over a foot by now. This is like that epic Jan 2015 blizzard all over again, what a storm!

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Could be the drift in the lowest 1000ft since it’s bending south on each side of the radar site. Near the surface you have ground reality and as you get further out it’ll be more to the north of ground truth.

Exactly what I assumed, but I am already on my second blizzard beer and was too lazy to attempt to put that into words. LOL.

24 minutes ago, mattm4242 said:

I’d have to think the 24+ is definitely on the table for the cape Ann group on here. Have been on the north edge of pretty much every heavy band. @NorEastermass128 @MuddyWx

Nice and congrats  !  

Cape ann is where I had mentally targeted to take a trip down ….but ended up not getting out of he house due to the windchill up here mehhhh …lol 

• Like 1