Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

Just now, jayyy said:

Based on NWS’s expected snowfall map, a WAA isn’t going to be issued for anyone west of the bay 

You know it’s bad when we can’t even get the consolation advisory. The Charlie Brown Halloween rock of advisories.  That man got a rock in his Halloween trick or treat bag.  We are him. And he is us. 

You really hate to see it. 

• Haha 4

A common trend across all guidance the last day has been a significant reduction in precip to the SW over much of central VA and NC. That places eastern VA MD/DE on the SW edge now, and even though most guidance still indicates significant snow, there is bust potential with these set-ups, given the already offshore track, if the deepening is delayed.  I think the immediate coast is good for a period of heavy snow (and impressive wind) but just west of there towards I-95 is a bit precarious.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Ten Eyck! Delicious. Please ask for it at your favorite HoCo beer spot. 

PS—you are more than welcome to meet us on the sledding hill too. Forgot you are a HoCo friend. Lol. 

Dude. Wth? I’m not that far away! I’ll bring my cafeteria tray for sliding on frozen mud and my extra liver for a high abv malt liquor.

35 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Let’s you, me, and @Herb@MAWS meet up at the top of the sledding hill tomorrow night for beers. My treat! Got a request? Please say IPA. Please say IPA. Or Dr Pepper?  :lol:

A0117756-5B81-4D44-878E-51120B2C3B1E.jpeg

If I wasn’t packing to catch a Saturday 6am flight from BWI to Puerto Rico........ I’d take u up on this. ✔️

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I gotta say no one does fails better than our subforum. Some of the funniest crap i have ever seen happens on our board. Love this place. 

Signs of an impending fail:

”Convective feedback”

”Angle of the vorts”

”Predecessor rain event (PRE)”

The RGEM is the best looking model

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

ALEET ALEET

ROADS HAVE BEEN BRINED

I actually saw an Alexandria pickup truck hauling a buffalo of ice melt, driving over bike trails and brining them before the Potomac Yards construction got out of the way so they could brine Potomac Ave.

I THINK Arlington already brined the Fort Scott Drive ski slope... er, hill.

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic