Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Gonna be a weenie for a second, but it seems the 18z guidance argues for warning level snow for all of Delmarva and wouldn't be surprise to see Calvert and St. Mary's counties eventually get a warning out of this. Further west, wouldn't be surprised to see advisories in Maryland along and east of I-95.

If you’re gonna be a weenie, do it for the areas west of 95 …. Like I81

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jersey Andrew said:

Why the difficulty in modeling storms in this pattern? Is it just an issue of new data ingested or something else?

It's a volatile setup. Any rapid developing strong low off the east coast is hard to model. Especially when it starts off as basically nothing thru the deep south. It's a tall order and many years away for a storm like this to be well handled by guidance even just 3 days out. Also, the shifts in track from a mileage standpoint is really just noise. What, 50-75 mile wobbles every 6 hours? That's really nothing and well within any reasonable margin of error for current tech. Unless it affects 50 million people and many weenies. If this storm was modeled off the coast the whole time nobody would care about a 300 mile shift. Lol 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jersey Andrew said:

Why the difficulty in modeling storms in this pattern? Is it just an issue of new data ingested or something else?

Think it’s just a very sensitive setup. Personally I find it amazing that some wiring, plastic and electricity can tell us a storm is gonna happen 6 days before it does …. And then it happens!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I'm from Missouri the show me state, please show me. 

Funny story. When I was vendor at Camden Yards for all those years, we’d hang out after all the games over at Sliders. Every now and then a couple of players would roll in and one night it was Scott Erickson. I happened to be taking a leak at one of the urinals and he came in and used the urinal next to me. I looked up at him with the straightest face I could muster and said, “Nice bat for a pitcher.” He zipped up, flushed, called me an asshole and walked out. When I came out there was a beer on the bar for me from him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Weenie 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic