Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

48 minutes ago, romba said:

It's getting clearer, just not how some of us want it to be....

I sort of agree and also disagree. The models all do look around the same but the gradient is so tight both SE and NW of the city that the outcome is still sort of in limbo although certainly 6-9 as upton is forecasting seems like a good call at this point.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, larrye said:

I never said that it wasn't. But that is nothing compared to what's forecast to happen out east. As I said, this storm has had an east bias all week long even on the Euro.

Gfs had the right idea of being east all week but it was too far east. 

• Weenie 1

this really all comes down to the consolidation of the trough and then the handling of the dual low. the first can be handled somewhat well by modeling, but the second is really a no-go. some models have to parameterize the convection, which leads to assumptions being made, and everything goes south very quickly

I really just think that we're just going to see how this one plays out over the next 24 hours. I have no more confidence than I did yesterday, if anything, even less

this is not to say that these changes will be for the better, they could be for the worse, too! we're just not going to have a good idea until we can see what the system is doing in real time

If I had to take a stab at it, I would say 8-14" for the metro, but this is low confidence and I can't even put much weight behind it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1