• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Appears the dual lows may actually be a thing. RGEM/NAM/ICON all show it now. Will have to see how that impacts storm evolution going forward.

On one hand I can see the dual lows robbing eachother of energy and intensity, but I can also see a scenario where they significantly prolong the snowfall 

40 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Had bad experience last wknd with some gummies. Took a 10mg gummie before bed thinking it would help me relax and sleep. No can do. Every time I'd shut my eyes, racing images would be going through my head. Had to open my eyes and stare at ceiling to make it stop. Duh, TCH kicking in. That was fine, until heart started racing (maybe 140bpm) for 2-3 hrs. Finally fell asleep around 2am. I was a bit panicked, but settled down and told myself I wouldn't die. 10mgs awhile back never did that, so no sure. Don't think I want to even try anymore. Juts stick to wine and beer.

Yeah I tried the INSA chocolate bars to see if it would help a neck issue...sore shoulders etc. I can't do it, even half a square. It's just like eating spoiled food for me. I get that hot feeling, then a while later serious nausea that lasts a couple hours. NO thanks

Just now, tiger_deF said:

On one hand I can see the dual lows robbing eachother of energy and intensity, but I can also see a scenario where they significantly prolong the snowfall 

On the NAM, they kind of fujiwara'd and congealed back into one in the stall position which is why the solution was so weenie-ish.

• Like 1

5 hours a head of you all, over here in London.  My God I went to bed after the 18Z came out and I thought it was seriously game on.  Then woke up this morning to the 0Z and felt the deflation in my bits, just back from my work and now it looks better.  Jeez.

It is Thursday morn and there are still 2.5 model cycles to see a significant push west, before the risk of messenger ticks.  When we first started tracking this, it was a beast.  In the last few days it has gone up and down.  Sometimes the coarser resolution of the long range early takes actually come back to be close to the truth in the end.  Seems possible here given that every mini-trend to move it east has been countered.  A strong storm = more chance to create ridging, tuck in and stall.  If that happens we all win, and I think its a real possibility.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

5 hours a head of you all, over here in London.  My God I went to bed after the 18Z came out and I thought it was seriously game on.  Then woke up this morning to the 0Z and felt the deflation in my bits, just back from my work and now it looks better.  Jeez.

It is Thursday morn and there are still 2.5 model cycles to see a significant push west, before the risk of messenger ticks.  When we first started tracking this, it was a beast.  In the last few days it has gone up and down.  Sometimes the coarser resolution of the long range early takes actually come back to be close to the truth in the end.  Seems possible here given that every mini-trend to move it east has been countered.  A strong storm = more chance to create ridging, tuck in and stall.  If that happens we all win, and I think its a real possibility.

You still trying to fly into BOS at 1pm Saturday? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Is the future any better than the present? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Illicit Drugs are not good man. Many stories of weed , gummies etc causing terrible issues Stick with beers.. specifically IPA’s and DIPA’s. Simply the best 

The same with beer and alcohol. Like anything, moderation and knowing what your're ingesting is key. Lava took too much before bedtime and he obviously didn't chew Indica but sativa or hybrid instead. Flowers have different strains for different purposes. 

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You still trying to fly into BOS at 1pm Saturday? :lol:

Well, there are no other options unfortunately.  It is not a matter of wind, it is only a matter as to whether Logan will have runways clear.  My hope is to get in the air and if we can't land to divert and then I'll rent a car and drive home.  I thought the models had slowed some though.  I am hoping the worst conditions will be more than 2-8pm.  Maybe depends on where the stall and capture happens.

12 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Experts in climate change have suggested the increase in frequency in monstrous east coast snowstorms. Once in a millennium event this time might be unlikely but what is insane is that it’s a possibility this time in the first place.

Great.  I"m going to start my lawn mower and car and leave them running in the driveway.

Global warming or bust.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The same with beer and alcohol. Like anything, moderation and knowing what your're ingesting is key. Lava took too much before bedtime and he obviously didn't chew Indica but sativa or hybrid instead. Flowers have different strains for different purposes. 

Exactly 

I have good luck with Bedtime Betties” - at most twice in one week.

let’s get this west by 100 miles.