• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Although I wonder if this is a situation where the initial bad (which will be the strongest) actually materializes much farther NW than what is being shown and then as the storm matures and the centers tighten, the band then collapse and traverses over much of the region then finally sitting and rotting (probably eastern sections) and during this transition a second more weaker band materializes like 75-miles or whatever west of the main band. 

Not too often does a storm like this one I think is going to occur. Maximizing every component, re: track, strength, barometric pressure, VV's off the scale, coverage, on and on. Think about it. Sure, they happen from time to time, tracked and forgotten always looking for the next. One analysis for that wrench that could possibly screw the IMBY.
Well, this one could be a contender for Top Five of all-time.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

you don't want to be just nw of it?

I think it depends. When the H7 low is more tightly closed off and consolidated I think this usually results in the deformation fairly close to the center...like 50-75 miles NW but when it's more elongated in nature the best deformation is significantly farther northwest (like 75-100 miles). 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Me neither. I was focusing on H5 and H7 but the surface is still pretty good. Big inflow maybe?

Inflow should be phenomenal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I think it depends. When the H7 low is more tightly closed off and consolidated I think this usually results in the deformation fairly close to the center...like 50-75 miles NW but when it's more elongated in nature the best deformation is significantly farther northwest (like 75-100 miles). 

Inflow should be phenomenal. 

thanks

• Like 1