• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

Im in the Northern Neck....right on the line between something really nice and not much at all........these kind of storms in the past always tic northwest the final 48 hours........guess we will see if this happens.......it does certainly seem the easterly trend has stopped

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, peribonca said:

Can't really see specifics on TT but it looks like JMA gets some precip into DC

The NW shift. It’s happening!  Lol. I’m drinking. Don’t listen to me, but watch happy hour pull us all back in. That cold front was slow as hell to get here. Means it doesn’t have enough push. So my thoughts—it stays closer than modeled and we can pull out victory in the jaws of defeat. Yep. Full on wishcasting! LFG!! :bike::weenie:

89005C8E-261A-4864-BD02-D6E301AC4F97.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

So, tell me if this logic makes sense. Since the front took longer to cross the area this morning than modeled just last night, then isn’t it possible that it won’t sag as far south as modeled now in the next 24 hours? And if it doesn’t go as far south, isn’t it possible that the storm modeled Friday night at hour 42 of the current euro run could be, oh, say 100 miles west of what it shows?

eta: :weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Weenie 5

48 minutes ago, Scraff said:

The NW shift. It’s happening!  Lol. I’m drinking. Don’t listen to me, but watch happy hour pull us all back in. That cold front was slow as hell to get here. Means it doesn’t have enough push. So my thoughts—it stays closer than modeled and we can pull out victory in the jaws of defeat. Yep. Full on wishcasting! LFG!! :bike::weenie:

89005C8E-261A-4864-BD02-D6E301AC4F97.jpeg

You're not lyin. I was surprised to wake up to 40 degree temp and moderate to heavy rain. Thought we would have flipped before 7am. 

30 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Would be nice to see this thing tick back NW another 75 - 100 miles and give the low landers some snow. They always rain when us jackpot folks win out. They deserve some flakage as well.

Ya know...I dare say they've made out better over the last 4-5 years or so...at least compared to the 95 corridor...but I think that's a product of having more sliders and the bomb cyclone, lol

5 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

My fiancée has agreed to one very last minute trip per winter chasing a snowstorm. :D  Probably will go to W. MD or WVA later in the season though 

Sometimes I read comments like this and realize I’m not as crazy about snow as some of you lol. My wife and I have never had this conversation and I wouldn’t drive to chase a snowstorm. Still love tracking them. Wish more would just happen over my house because they are fun. 

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic