Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z Euro, congrats VA Beach, Norfolk, and the Delmarva!

DE28699A-0A5B-4048-AE67-C0CCCDE6843F.png

If you are a hampton roads weenie that is the setup you live for.  there was an on camera met down there years ago, Jon Cash, that wore a snowflake pin when snow was forecast...he was the ultimate weenie living in a shit place for snow.  that amount will shut them down for a week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

If you are a hampton roads weenie that is the setup you live for.  there was an on camera met down there years ago, Jon Cash, that wore a snowflake pin when snow was forecast...he was the ultimate weenie living in a shit place for snow.  that amount will shut them down for a week

Reminds me a bit of Jan 2017.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I continue to like the pattern overall abc especially like the window between the 25-30, just not bullish on a big hit from this

Can you clarify the period of interest that you mentioned,  do you feel that the potential exists for a moderate event for the coastal plain during the time of the Jan. 25th to the 30th?  

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

NAM kicking that SW vort out a little more..but northern stream seems to dig just a hair less.  Every time one thing gets better the other one goes backwards

Its certainly an improvement from 6z.  

1 hour ago, jlh said:

Reminds me a bit of Jan 2017.

There was also the Boxing Day snow on Dec 26, 2004. Same day as the big Tsunami in Indonesia. I was working at the Wakefield NWS at the time. 8" in Norfolk, 13" in Newport News, and 3.1" at the Wakefield NWS. Back at my house in Chester -- less than an inch. Wild storm.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

There was also the Boxing Day snow on Dec 26, 2004. Same day as the big Tsunami in Indonesia. I was working at the Wakefield NWS at the time. 8" in Norfolk, 13" in Newport News, and 3.1" at the Wakefield NWS. Back at my house in Chester -- less than an inch. Wild storm.

I was in Texas at the time of the 2004 event you mention, but was working at FWC in Norfolk for the '17 event.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • stormtracker pinned this topic