Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

23 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Nam better with the NS..can't buy a sw vort push.  dammit.  Can you imagine if that vort had just moved east.

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Imma be honest.  I have no idea what the **** is going on with the NAM and what I'm looking for anymore.  It's a mess

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Oh shit, NAM with the head fake.  Looks better at 69 (heh heh)...still not gonna get there tho, but it's markedly better

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

NAM is gonna pull some of yall back in

Just now, stormtracker said:

Snow on the door step at 78

Kids…..this is what a rollercoaster of emotions looks like.

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, JV model time.   First up, NAM.   Kinda shocked there's not SREF talk..usually the first sign of desperation and a dark, dark road to come.

You’re right about what guidance is most reliable but I think it’s time we stop having to add an obligatory apology for discussing the NAM or icon or anything else. It’s not like they come out at the same time and are distracting from better analysts. And there is no post limit. Lastly it’s not like they are totally useless. It’s worth noting what the preponderance of evidence shows. Especially if we’re about to elevate the Gfs to lone superpower model status. What if it’s off it’s rocker?  It’s been impressively better since the last upgrade but it’s not flawless. We need additional data, even if it’s slightly lower quality. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

You’re right about what guidance is most reliable but I think it’s time we stop having to add an obligatory apology for discussing the NAM or icon or anything else. It’s not like they come out at the same time and are distracting from better analysts. And there is no posy limit. Lastly it’s not like they are totally useless. It’s worth noting what the preponderance of evidence shows. Especially if we’re about to elevate the Gfs to line superpower model status. What if it’s off it’s rocker?  It’s been impressively better since the last upgrade but it’s not flawless. We need additional data, even if it’s slightly lower quality. 

I mean, I pretty much said that..use the NAM for guidance and trends.  The problem with GFS vs Euro is perception.  In objective analysis, yes, the Euro scores better.  But people always go with "what have you done for me lately" (oooooooo yeah. sorry).   So, the GFS has kinda led the way on the most recent storms at longer range

Just now, stormtracker said:

I mean, I pretty much said that..use the NAM for guidance and trends.  The problem with GFS vs Euro is perception.  In objective analysis, yes, the Euro scores better.  But people always go with "what have you done for me lately" (oooooooo yeah. sorry).   So, the GFS has kinda led the way on the most recent storms at longer range

Well said…perception is reality.

Ok, guys and gals, just hear me out.

What if..just what if…the JVs all come towards the Euro from a couple days ago while the Euro goes how the JVs went from a couple days ago?  

And what if we just don’t know?  I was pretty sure some said the storm was done and it’s only 24-120 hours away so all I’m trying to say is people will be here and comment every few min. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • stormtracker pinned this topic