• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

I can't speak for everybody but I can 100% guaranty there isn't a single bunny or any other rodent or stray pet in my yard after snow flips to something else. You guys may think I'm odd or crazy but you haven't lived until you go on a rodent ass kicking contest in the slush, mud, and rain. Liberating. 

Eta: just so I don't get doxxed by PETA and harassed the rest of my life... I don't kick hard at all. I'm not playing to kill or even to hurt really. Just a "friendly nudge" to get those beady eye'd mofos off my yard so they can stop staring in my windows laughing at my pain. 

• Haha 12

I’m surprised they brought the impact all the way down to the minimum for the I95 corridor. I know to an extent it’s relative and they only have three levels of impact, each of which is taken by areas deserving of the higher impact warnings, but idk, if a warning level snowfall and some sleet too is still on the table for the corridor then that seems like an odd choice.

edit: I guess if impacts are mostly happening Sunday evening it makes more sense

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I can't speak for everybody but I can 100% guaranty there isn't a single bunny or any other rodent or stray pet in my yard after snow flips to something else. You guys may think I'm odd or crazy but you haven't lived until you go on a rodent ass kicking contest in the slush, mud, and rain. Liberating. 

"kids, walk by that house fast.  Thats where that guy who Tres Way's squirrels into our yard lives.  He does that every time it rains in winter."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I'll take sleet over....wait for it.....r _ _ n.  At least sleet coats my snow and protects it.  Rain is like pissing on a slurpee.  And nobody wants that.

nope. Id rather have rain. All those snowflakes, falling so nicely only to melt and refreeze into a stupid ice crystal. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Subtle changes but two things I see to watch today.  Using the Nam cause its running.

Ocean storm intensity (notice the change in strength from 6z to 12z and as it pushes northeast).  Pushing the PV lobe west some, causing heights to drop in the east.  This allows our storm to gain longitude as it moves.  

Second piece not in range but talked about a bunch.  NS SW that eventually phases with our storm.  Delay it and the storm gets further east before turning north (delays the trough turning negative). Speed it up and congrats Pittsburgh.

namconus_z500_mslp_us_fh26_trend.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Not to mention how much more difficult it makes shoveling...It's like shoveling purr cement and ya never get all of it, lol

No one needs to leave the house anyway. I wouldn’t risk it because I could get lost with all these new maps without legends. Where is the bottom, where is the top?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Subtle changes but two things I see to watch today.  Using the Nam cause its running.

Ocean storm intensity (notice the change in strength from 6z to 12z and as it pushes northeast).  Pushing the PV lobe west some, causing heights to drop in the east.  This allows our storm to gain longitude as it moves.  

Second piece not in range but talked about a bunch.  NS SW that eventually phases with our storm.  Delay it and the storm gets further east before turning north (delays the trough turning negative). Speed it up and congrats Pittsburgh.

Getting it to a good spot isn’t the problem. It already gets to a perfect spot. Time frame 72-96 is what is key IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

12 NAM:  Not that I'm looking at it, but do a trend comparison and the h5 so far this run is better.   

From what I was told.  Because I'm not checking on my own, just to be clear.

You need help

I'll go look too to confirm

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

12 NAM:  Not that I'm looking at it, but do a trend comparison and the h5 so far this run is better.   

From what I was told.  Because I'm not checking on my own, just to be clear.

I am absolutely looking at it.  I hadn't really been paying attention to it, but that 850 jet straight from the north through NE/KS/OK is impressive.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Second piece not in range but talked about a bunch.  NS SW that eventually phases with our storm.  Delay it and the storm gets further east before turning north (delays the trough turning negative). Speed it up and congrats Pittsburgh  Cleveland.

Fixed

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic